Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dessert Time

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pendean
974 Views, 6 Replies

Dessert Time

Grilled Pound Cake S’mores Sandwiches:

Ingredients:

4 thin slices Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
2 tablespoons Nutella or 4 small chocolate pieces
2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Directions:

Heat a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
Spread Nutella on 2 slices of poundcake. Spread marshmallow fluff on the remaining 2 slices of poundcake. Top the pieces spread with Nutella with the pieces spread with marshmallow to make a sandwich.
Place both sandwiches in the hot pan with the melted butter. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the pound cake is golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@pendean wrote:

Grilled Pound Cake S’mores Sandwiches:

Ingredients:

4 thin slices Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
2 tablespoons Nutella or 4 small chocolate pieces
2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Directions:

Heat a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Melt the butter in the pan.
Spread Nutella on 2 slices of poundcake. Spread marshmallow fluff on the remaining 2 slices of poundcake. Top the pieces spread with Nutella with the pieces spread with marshmallow to make a sandwich.
Place both sandwiches in the hot pan with the melted butter. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the pound cake is golden brown on bottom. Flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately.

Huh... I'm more into grilled cheese sandwiches than desserts, but, I guess I could be convinced into trying a grilled s'mores sandwich...

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 7
CADiva
in reply to: pendean

I'm trying to decide if that sounds good, or if I'm gonna vicariously OD on sugar.  I've never been a big fan of marshmallow fluff, but I think I'd be more tempted if it was angel food cake.  Mmm, maybe use a banana instead of the marshmallow.  I'd switch to peanut butter, but Nutella is 'da bomb!

Message 5 of 7
TBasich

Mmmmmmm, that sounds delightful! When I get s'mores cravings I'll roast a 'mallow over a candle if I must. Done it plenty of times!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7

So, I don't really keep poundcake in the house, but, I mentioned the recipe to my oldest and he insisted that we find a way to try it.

No marshmallow fluff, but, we had marshmallows.

No nutella, but, we had some dark chocolate chips.

No poundcake, but, we had sweet hawaiin rolls.

Not really the best combination to try grilling, so we broiled it open-faced instead.

Not half-bad. I think it needed more mashmallows though... it wasn't nearly messy enough. 😉

My son's only complaint was that I only made one and we shared it... he wanted his own, of course. lol. Next time I'll give it to him.

Fun idea, thanks!

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 7 of 7
steven-g

I couldn't find the fluff. But added cold custard. The combination of hot cake crispy round the edges with chocolate filling it goes beyond words. Unfortunately the cake was rather large so I'll have to suffer it again tommorrow.... and the day after. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report