The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

Visitor
akdb
Message 11 of 18 (1,052 Views)

Re: Ask Autodesk

02-28-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: philip.s

THIS ERROR HAS NOT BE ADDRESSED

THIS APPLICATION HAS DETECTED A MIXED VERSION OF AEC OBJECTS PARTICIPATING IN THIS OPERATION. NEWER OBJECTS WILL BE DISALLOWED FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS OPERATION.

Distinguished Contributor
mpcloob
Message 12 of 18 (967 Views)

03-09-2013 03:32 AM in reply to: philip.s

in the name of  GOD .

hello philip

I research about Autodesk BIM & Autodesk Softwares in my university.

please help me to do this research about Autodesk BIM & BIM Softwares.

please send your answer to me by direct message. 

thanks

*Expert Elite*
CelticDesignServices
Message 13 of 18 (933 Views)

03-11-2013 02:25 PM in reply to: philip.s

philip.s wrote:

If you had the opportunity to sit down and question anyone, or number of individuals at Autodesk, who would they be and what would you ask them? General positions / questions will work.

Ask Autodesk....OK,...can I get a job?

I'll gladly be a demo jock, travelling wherever. I'm single, kids are grown....Inventor and/or Vault Workgroups.....oh, sorry. That's not what this is all about now is it?  :smileysad:

Oh well, feel free to pass along the info though.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 14 of 18 (927 Views)

03-11-2013 02:59 PM in reply to: CelticDesignServices

CelticDesignServices wrote:

Ask Autodesk....OK,...can I get a job?

I'll gladly be a demo jock, travelling wherever. I'm single, kids are grown....Inventor and/or Vault Workgroups.....oh, sorry. That's not what this is all about now is it?  :smileysad:

Oh well, feel free to pass along the info though.

I been asking too. :smileysad:

I think once you hit old age they overlook us.  :smileyhappy:

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
*Expert Elite*
CelticDesignServices
Message 15 of 18 (923 Views)

03-11-2013 03:15 PM in reply to: Murph

Tell me about it, I'm finding that to be the case out in the non-AutoDesk world as well.

It's like no one will touch me due to my vast years of experience and knowledge being too costly for them.

But then again, how much is it costing them to NOT employ me or those of us out here with the experience?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 16 of 18 (906 Views)

03-12-2013 05:12 AM in reply to: CelticDesignServices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riytk96ARlM

Yea, I should be making a mint by now too. :smileymad:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Distinguished Contributor
Wanderer-MOTD
Message 17 of 18 (897 Views)

03-12-2013 07:46 AM in reply to: CelticDesignServices

CelticDesignServices wrote:

Tell me about it, I'm finding that to be the case out in the non-AutoDesk world as well.

It's like no one will touch me due to my vast years of experience and knowledge being too costly for them.

But then again, how much is it costing them to NOT employ me or those of us out here with the experience?

Truth.

We had the hardest time finding an experienced Mechanical Engineer for our office. Maybe some people would think my boss crazy for hiring someone who is so close to retirement age, but, we need his brains for as long as we can have them.

The existing ME (been here for nearly 20 years) is going to be retiring not too long after the new guy, and  I know my boss already dreads trying to fill their experienced shoes.

:smileywink: Luckily they had no luck with keeping experienced people in my positition, so they finally got desperate enough to hire a noob into it.

Of course, that was 13 years ago this month, so I guess I'm not a noob anymore. Just a friggin saint. :smileytongue:

Melanie Perry
***not all those who wander are lost***
http://AUGI.com/Surveys
http://MistressOfTheDorkness.blogspot.com

My defunct profiles:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/651859
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/644095
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 18 of 18 (892 Views)

03-12-2013 08:03 AM in reply to: CelticDesignServices

I see that attitude in a lot of our Civil consultants. They've dumped most of the experienced Engineers and CAD Techs. They rely on a bunch of younger designers who technically know the work. They know how to follow the rules. But experience is what tells you when to violate the rules or when the rules aren't enough.

We had one job where (among many other things) the consultant designer put a pair of catch basins at the point of curvature of the curbs that would be coming out of a side street on to the main street we are rebuilding. That's what is supposed to be done. However, in this case, that was also the high point of the road profile. So all those catch basins would be catching is raindrops and there would be a puddle formed on the side street.

You can teach a chimp to drive a car and stop at red lights and go at green. But you can't teach him not to go on green if someone is standing in the middle of the intersection. Because green always means go. I'm not trying to compare anyone to a chimp. But this is a good parable to demonstrate the difference between being able to follow the rules and being able to use experience to make decisions.

I now this thread has been a little sidetracked by this. But it's the Break Room so I don't feel too bad about it.

Allen

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.