Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Musicians Out There?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
CoreyDaun
2110 Views, 40 Replies

Any Musicians Out There?

I wouldn't refer to myself as a "musician", exactly, as I don't think I'm at a high enough skill level.

I can play/am learning: Guitar, Piano, Harmonica

I own a few guitars, one being a 12-String, and another being a Goya classical guitar from the 1940's (I believe).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
TBasich
in reply to: CoreyDaun

"Musician" is relative, I guess.

I sing. I was accepted into college for vocal performance (long story as to why I didn't follow that road). I've played classical guitar since I was 8, though I don't play often anymore.

My guitar is one of my favorite possessions, even if I don't pick it up much right now. Collectively, my dad and I own five or six guitars. Smiley Happy

Next up? BANJO!

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 41
cbenner

I sing, and I own a couple of guitars.  Daughter and I started taking lessons a few years back and go to busy with life to keep going.  With her going off to college this fall, I may get  back into it.  One is a stratocaster knock-off electric, and the other is an electric acoustic.  Back in my younger years I was known to (try to) write a song or two.

I sing choral music at church, my range is technically baritone, but I can hit most of the bass thru tenor range.  Most of the singing I do is in the car on the way home from work, where I can belt out rock and roll with no one telling me to shut up!  On a good day I can sing along passingly well with Brad Delp of Boston.  Always been tempted to try out for America's Got Talent... not sure I have to guts for it though.

Message 4 of 41
pendean

In the Shower I think I'm Caruso (wife disagrees).

In the Garage I think I'm the next James Cotton (dogs in the 'hood like to join in by howling).

Critics 🙂

Message 5 of 41
asommer

Rockin the Electric Guitar, some acoustic.  AC/DC, mostly.  Some blues riffs & lead.  I play too hard, have to re-tune every other song.  The Electric guitar is the HOT ROD of music instruments.  I made my own guitar with a 1x3 pine, shish-kabob skewers and some cheap tuners.  I take it camping so it doesn't use much room.

If i didn't play guitar, i'd play piano.

Message 6 of 41
loboarch

I am personally not a musician, but my wife is.  In fact she runs a personal bussiness as an "entertainer"  She does sing-a-longs at different nursing homes in the area.  She usually take a piano/keyboard but sometimes she will take a guitar, a ukelele, a mandolin, and a harp.  She ends up with about 10-15 "shows" a month.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 41

Just a wanna-be here.

I used to sing with a church group when I was a teenager. Did you know there was Christian Rap and Hip-Hop? Well, now you know. Hehehe... we did some of the Sister Act stuff, too, that was pretty popular when I was a kid.

Always backup, though, no solos. My husband isn't a fan of my vocal displays, though, so now I just usually keep it to the car and shower. I think I've got a pretty narrow range... those of you who have met me can tell I'm not a soprano, lol.

I do own a guitar (which I've always played right-handed 😉 ), but, I didn't have very many lessons when I got it (back in college... the first time around).

Since I've finally finished my degree and the kids are old enough to not need me constantly, I told my husband I'd like to pick back up on it, and, he's all for getting me out of the house more 😉 , he's even found me an instructor. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Didn't Robert Green do a poll a couple years ago about how many CAD Mangler types are musicians? Seems like there's a lot out there.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 8 of 41
smbrennan

So far, it appears that I'm the first drummer! Only 27 years only and been playing drums since I was 10. It's more of a hobby than anything. I never played in a band with friends, but always enjoy rocking out to some of my favorite bands.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 9 of 41
Charles_Shade
in reply to: smbrennan

Steering-wheel-air-guitar is about as musical as I can get.

Message 10 of 41
bgingerich

Yeah, buddy!  Piano and any bass/baritone parts!!  Currently working on this song, but my dream is Gershwin's Rapsody.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 11 of 41
CADiva

I play the piano with our church music team 1-3 times a month.  The youth finally found another keyboard player for their Sunday leading music, so I may get to back off a bit again. I don't typically sing while I play 'cause it's hard enough to keep up playing, but occasionally I will prepare a solo to throw in my offertory selection.  As long as I can play what I'm singing, I generally stay on key.

I have played the oboe for 5 years growing up, but didn't end up sticking with it.  I also played alto and tenor sax a bit about the same time.  I still have an oboe, but it hasn't seen the light of day in many years.

Message 12 of 41

Excuse me, young lady... ~makes shooing motion~ Get back over there where you belong!!! Smiley Very Happy

Melanie Stone
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
Message 13 of 41

Hey! She can post anywhere she wants to - she's a big girl and can make these decision on her own!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 14 of 41

@Mistress0fTheDorkness wrote:

Excuse me, young lady... ~makes shooing motion~ Get back over there where you belong!!! Smiley Very Happy

Says who?  I's a big girl! Cat LOL

Message 15 of 41

Smiley Sad I went there, and there were no new posts... it was awful!!! ~sniff~

Smiley LOL

Melanie Stone
Message 16 of 41
Electrik

I started life as a drummer, gigged 100 dates/year for a bit, while doing this CAD thing 40-50 hours/week.

Now, my 6 guitars and 2 basses entertain me. The oddballs? A Kramer Ferrington, and a BC Rich Bich 10-string. Not many people are familiar with those.

Inventor Professional 2021
Vault Professional 2021
Message 17 of 41
asommer
in reply to: CADiva

Those who have and play a guitar tend to have more than one.

Message 18 of 41
Joe-Bouza

About   10 guitars with myy prized custom Martin M38 with Koa back and sides, torch inlay, butterbean tuners, ibony finger   board with style inlays Its a hunny

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 19 of 41
w_davis

I play:

Piano

Guitar (I own 4) including a 1942 Epiphone Triumph and 1926 Supertone (both archtops)

Ukulele

Mandolin

Cello

Viola

Violin

Trumpet

Baritone

Harmonica

Ocarina

Sing

Drums

I am in 5 string groups, 1 bell choir, and 4 choirs

Message 20 of 41
cbenner
in reply to: w_davis

@w_davis wrote:

I play:

Piano

Guitar (I own 4) including a 1942 Epiphone Triumph and 1926 Supertone (both archtops)

Ukulele

Mandolin

Cello

Viola

Violin

Trumpet

Baritone

Harmonica

Ocarina

Sing

Drums

I am in 5 string groups, 1 bell choir, and 4 choirs

and you have time for CAD?  Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report