Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And Now for Something Completely Different, v.2

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
TBasich
1347 Views, 21 Replies

And Now for Something Completely Different, v.2

I said I'd pop in with new questions on Mondays and then the holidays hit!

Now that we're all back in full swing, let's get things moving again with another ANFSCD question.

How many languages do you speak? Which ones? AND...do you put those languages into practice much?

Teresa Basich
Community Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: parkr4st

If you want to get specific. I speak the Hudson Valley Dialect of North American English. Speaking Maine is difficult for non natives. The only one I know of who can pull if off is my nephew. But that's from years of listening to "Bert and I".

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 22
CADiva
in reply to: TBasich

I understand a fair bit of Spanish, but my ability to speak fizzles after about 3 sentences.  I used to be a bit better, but lack of practice and 2 years +/- speaking Russian in Ukraine drove most of that out.  Lack of practice in the 8 years since I came home means the Russian is very rusty, but I was somewhat conversationally fluent at one point.  My Ukrainian was a bit lacking, but I had a head-start on the Russian having studied it for a year in college.

I also know a bit of American Sign Language, but that's not really fluent ... just enough to develop signing routines for songs at church.

Supposedly I learned C++ in high school ... didn't really understand it then ... don't now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report