The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)
Non-technical discussions will be held here to give community members a chance to connect and get to know one another.

The Break Room (Non-Technical Discussions)

GoranKLensmeden
Message 1 of 3 (549 Views)

ACAD MAp literature?

549 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 11:24 PM

Hello!

I´m fairly new to AutoCAD Map, but I´ve been working with feature layers, overlay analysis and thematic maps in MapInfo. Now I want to use AutoCAD MAp 2013 instead, and get started with mapping. I can´t seem to find any good literature in the subject though. I think I need to get the whole procedure explained, since I´m not into programming and databases, and I can´t get it to work just by using the help-section. I simply want to be able to define objects, connect data and manage layers just as easy as in MapInfo.

Any hints on good literature?

Sincerely,

Göran Klensmeden

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 2 of 3 (536 Views)

Re: ACAD MAp literature?

02-19-2013 03:54 AM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

GoranKLensmeden wrote:

Hello!

I´m fairly new to AutoCAD Map, but I´ve been working with feature layers, overlay analysis and thematic maps in MapInfo. Now I want to use AutoCAD MAp 2013 instead, and get started with mapping. I can´t seem to find any good literature in the subject though. I think I need to get the whole procedure explained, since I´m not into programming and databases, and I can´t get it to work just by using the help-section. I simply want to be able to define objects, connect data and manage layers just as easy as in MapInfo.

Any hints on good literature?

I know how you feel, there's very little out there to help the little guy. When I started using MAP years ago I was lucky enough to have some time at work to realy play with it and try different commands and learn it on my own. As time went on I created this weblog to help others. It may help you if you have any questions or need to know how to do somerhing ask in the Map3D forum.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
GoranKLensmeden
Message 3 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: ACAD MAp literature?

02-19-2013 11:18 PM in reply to: Murph

Thanks Murph - I´ve bookmarked your blog to check back again when I´m on the track. The hardest thing is to release time from work to really dig into it.

Sincerely,

Göran

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.