Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD MAp literature?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GoranKLensmeden
721 Views, 2 Replies

ACAD MAp literature?

Hello!

I´m fairly new to AutoCAD Map, but I´ve been working with feature layers, overlay analysis and thematic maps in MapInfo. Now I want to use AutoCAD MAp 2013 instead, and get started with mapping. I can´t seem to find any good literature in the subject though. I think I need to get the whole procedure explained, since I´m not into programming and databases, and I can´t get it to work just by using the help-section. I simply want to be able to define objects, connect data and manage layers just as easy as in MapInfo.

Any hints on good literature?

Sincerely,

Göran Klensmeden

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

@GoranKLensmeden wrote:

Hello!

I´m fairly new to AutoCAD Map, but I´ve been working with feature layers, overlay analysis and thematic maps in MapInfo. Now I want to use AutoCAD MAp 2013 instead, and get started with mapping. I can´t seem to find any good literature in the subject though. I think I need to get the whole procedure explained, since I´m not into programming and databases, and I can´t get it to work just by using the help-section. I simply want to be able to define objects, connect data and manage layers just as easy as in MapInfo.

Any hints on good literature?

I know how you feel, there's very little out there to help the little guy. When I started using MAP years ago I was lucky enough to have some time at work to realy play with it and try different commands and learn it on my own. As time went on I created this weblog to help others. It may help you if you have any questions or need to know how to do somerhing ask in the Map3D forum.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
GoranKLensmeden
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks Murph - I´ve bookmarked your blog to check back again when I´m on the track. The hardest thing is to release time from work to really dig into it.

Sincerely,

Göran

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report