Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming in Stingray

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tecz.cg
643 Views, 6 Replies

Programming in Stingray

Hi

Still new, i begin to understand quite little how it works, but lua i know less than c++, so i heard Stingray support for C++ programming, where i can get some sample c++ to create simple game in Stingray ? Of course i can learn for lua however i have diminished experience.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dan.matlack
in reply to: tecz.cg

You will need to purchase the source code to use cpp. Lua is very easy to pick up and there are many resources online for how it works! lua.org is a great place to start. You can write in lua or use Flow, our visual scripting language, out of the box. OR, you can get source access and write in cpp if that suits your needs.
Message 3 of 7
ADSK.JasonChin

This may also be of use to you if you prefer to work in C++.  🙂

Message 4 of 7
tecz.cg
in reply to: dan.matlack

Thank dan for your info, but it means Stingray in source code? If it is that, it sound very cool Smiley Very Happy, what is his price and where i can get it ?(i will see if i can)

Maybe i will begin in Lua to see how it works and experiment it on some way, i'll find it out.

Message 5 of 7
tecz.cg
in reply to: ADSK.JasonChin

@ADSK.JasonChin: You mean i can work C++ as "interface" without buy cpp ? If yes, how to work it ? Any documentation for this? Thank

Message 6 of 7
ADSK.JasonChin

Wow, I totally forgot to include the link didn't I... haha.  Sorry about that:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/stingray/intro-to-lua-amp-c-in-stingray/m-p/6012781/highlight/true#M32...

Message 7 of 7
tecz.cg
in reply to: ADSK.JasonChin

Don't worry and thank you for the link Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report