Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI/ materials / Hypershader

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grzegorz.balazy
392 Views, 3 Replies

UI/ materials / Hypershader

After two mouth with Maya I have questions and suggestions about materials and UI. this is what really irritates me in everyday working in Maya.

1. UI Materials 

I have 29 inch screen but really I feel like as I have small screen and working on windows 3.1 ;).

It's irritates how lots of space are wasted. 

2. Hypershade Window - Materials 

This was a bigest disappointing when I had started working in Maya

I often work with named materials. When you have lots of materials there is important for my which materials is for what.

But in Maya names are cuted.

And I really I can't understand alphabetic sorting.

In XSI It wasn't problem with names and how often materials are used. 

There is any plan to make better way working with materials in Maya?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Gregorz,
Thanks for the feedback. This is something we definitely want to address in the future.
Jill
Message 3 of 4
in reply to: grzegorz.balazy

Softimage render tree best node editor solution of all autodesk 3d apps.

Need move this functions

bring pictures files from other apps to node editor drag and drop. In Softimage I drag and drop pictures from acdesee to render tree and connect to ports. In maya I must find need texture in disk from tree folders. This is stupid need functions.

Select and moves nodes like Softimage MMB. In maya i must select all nodes and move. Softimage select upper node in tree by MMB and get selection all lower nodes.

Many, many, many unused connections in maya node editor. Softimage have only major connections in nodes.

Message 4 of 4
in reply to: 30011984

Softimage render tree much better and faster. Select object and you have material on render tree. MMB the incredible function. Try to change shader in maya and you get a creation of new material with SH group. In softimage I just drag needed shader in tree and connect. 2 clicks with mouse in softimage and 10 clicks im maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report