Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softimage 2013 Selection Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
426 Views, 1 Reply

Softimage 2013 Selection Problems

Hello,

I am totally new to Softimage. I am using Softimage 2013 and I am confused by the selection/remove from selection methods.

When I add vertices to my selection by holding shift, it seems that I have to keep holding shift the whole time I am selecting vertices...if I let go of shift (to rotate the view, or whatever) and then press shift to keep adding more vertices to my selection, they will turn red, as if they are selected, but then when I go to move them, or use any kind of transformation on them, only the vertices that I selected before letting go of the shift key will actually be effected by the transformation.

Is there some other way to effectively add items to a selection...what am I doing wrong.

I know that ALT-Shift select will select loops, shift select will add a range of items between the selected items, CTRL-shift will remove items from a selection.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help,
Aaron
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Holding shift then releasing it and pressing it again to make a selection should work. I would check to make sure your setup isn't set to maya/max mode or the like. Ctrl+left click adds to the selection if unselected, and unselects if the components are already selected. You could try this instead for a quick fix, but I would try checking your keyboard settings as well to make sure everything is set the way you think it is. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report