Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which files do I need to add to my archive?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
328 Views, 3 Replies

Which files do I need to add to my archive?

Hi,

I just found a bunch of files in the usr/discreet/archive.
Do I have to backup those, too? Or can I still access my archives (with .seg and the other one without an extension) if the files from the usr/discreet are deleted?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

If you look at the .html file you will see that it is a document of sorts which contains the info of the clips you archived.
It along with the .xml and the folder of images house that.

It is really just a reference file for you, or if you are crafty enough to build/use a web dtabase of sorts they could be useful, but they are not needed for using the .seg files.

The .otoc file is still useful... maybe. Back in the day when you archived to tape, a header would get written in a sort of magical metadata noise frames. Obvious with tape, tape can get damaged and sometimes the header would get damaged and you would have no way to open the archive. The .otoc or Online Table Of Contents, allowed you to open your archive with a damaged header.

I suppose they are still useful for file archives... since they are small, you can leave them on your system or feel free to move them with the archive.

You can disable the HTML and otoc when you make the archive... there is a button toggle for it. Then these wont get made.

I have had only one file archive become unreadable. And I think it was user error on creation. Even the .otoc would not open it.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Alright, thanks Brian!
Message 4 of 4
fernandobodyclub
in reply to: BKM

how to disable the HTML and otoc when you make the archive?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report