Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing offset for Axis in Action?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adamt
416 Views, 2 Replies

Timing offset for Axis in Action?

Is there a way to apply a timing offsets to axis nodes whilst in Action?

I want to add several Axis to an animated Action Input, so i can have multiple copies of the animation....but i want those copies to be starting at different times from each other.

is this possible using expressions (and if yes - how?), or do i have to resort to creating a separate input for each instance, and then manually adjusting the timing of each?

thanks

Adam

Flame 2020.3
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fred.warren
in reply to: adamt

Hello Adam,

The easiest way to do this would be using the "Tracks" display of the Animation menu.

1. Go to Animation

2. Select "Tracks" instead of "Channels" in the button located above the Tangents menu.

3. Grab the white box in the middle of a channel to offset it in time.

You could also set the Filter to "Selected" and "Hide All" to display the Tracks for the selected Axes only.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 3
adamt
in reply to: fred.warren

Hi Fred,

I am probably misunderstanding something, because when i am in the Action Schematic and try to adjust the media input timings, no white boxes are visible on any of the tracks. They only appear if i switch back to the ConnectFX Schematic.

At first i assumed this was because its a psd animated in the CFX Schematic feeding into Action, and perhaps this was the reason only a single frame was showing in the track animation view.

However, i just tried it using a piece of video media, and i'm seeing the exact same results   - i can adjust the timings in CFX Schematic, but not in Action Schematic.

The whole reason for the original question was to find a way to adjust timings of multiple Axis nodes connected to a single Action Media Input, from within Action.

thanks

Adam

Flame 2020.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report