Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2017 Update 1 now available

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dalyj
1007 Views, 11 Replies

Smoke 2017 Update 1 now available

Hi everyone.

We have just released Smoke 2017 Update 1. This release is available for Smoke Subscription customers.

Subscription customers can download Smoke 2017 Update 1 by logging in with their Autodesk Account (https://accounts.autodesk.com/).

Smoke 2017 Update 1 Releases Notes:

Smoke 2017 Update 1 System Requirements:

Jason Daly
Manager, Designated Support
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
panglucas23
in reply to: dalyj

After installation it doesn't launch at all.. it affects the previous version of 2017 as well.. both version doesn't even launch to project selection main screen

Message 3 of 12
rwtsmoke

So I'm in my account and it's telling me "0 of 1 seats available and I don't see any option to download "2017 sp1" (or whatever it's being called)

It looks like I could download "2017" but i'll assume that is not what I want. Also, the link to see what is new in "sp1" seems to be a link to 2017...or maybe I missed something.

Message 4 of 12
rwtsmoke
in reply to: rwtsmoke

Okay I logged in and found it for my home system, once it's downloaded i'll try again for the company license.
Message 5 of 12
rwtsmoke

Got the company one as well...for anyone else who may have gotten tripped up, the download is under "updates & add-ons"
Message 6 of 12
abrown

Are there any actual updates for Smoke? The release notes only have one page, and all I could tell from them is that it is now compatible with OSX Sierra. 

Message 7 of 12
dalyj
in reply to: abrown

Smoke 2017 Update 1 only incorporates the installation directory change as outlined in the FAQ.

Jason Daly
Manager, Designated Support
Message 8 of 12
rwtsmoke

So moving forward...is this going to be a situation where we are forced to move to El Capitan or Sierra to get future releases?

Will 2017 update 2 or 3 or beyond still be compatible with say 10.10.5 which I'm currently running both at home and work...and quite content doing so.

Message 9 of 12
yann.laforest

Hi Robert,

For the 2017 upcoming releases, we will not force any upgrade to El Capitan or to Sierra.

However, this might not be the case for the next major releases (like 2018 for instance).

Please let me know if it answers the question,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 10 of 12
rwtsmoke
in reply to: yann.laforest

Makes sense...thanks.

Message 11 of 12
adamt

Just to be clear, unless I want to run Sierra, this update is pointless?

Flame 2020.3
Message 12 of 12
alex

Apparently there seems to be a new bug: changes within CFX does not make the clip unrendered when there is a timewarp attached too.

Is it only me?

schall&rauch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report