Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapphire 10 Will Not Load

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbrownAMS
814 Views, 5 Replies

Sapphire 10 Will Not Load

When trying to access Sparks, i get the list with all the choices but when selecting any of them there is a message stating that it is only supported via Spark tool. (see attached). Is this an install issue?

2017 Update1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jaseo
in reply to: cbrownAMS

Hi,

Was it installed using the installer? or were they just copied? It could be a permissions issue as I assume none load even if you use the Spark tool (desktop tool).

cheers
Message 3 of 6
cbrownAMS
in reply to: jaseo

Actually, I was not altogether sure what the Spark Tool was referring to. That said, when trying to load sapphire from the desk top spark on the timeline, I get a warning saying "<spark> only supported via the Spark tool" but when I try to load in CFX the warning is different. "sapphire 10 is only supported via the Spark tool."

Have Smoke users abandoned Spark use to the degree that no one has reported this? There are several matchbox effects that are viable substitutes but I've alway leaned on sapphire for effect work. And am I to understand also that sapphire 10 will not be available inside of CFX? 

Message 4 of 6
Philippe_Jean

Like Jason suggested, it is probably a permission issues with the installation.  What does the logs (_shell.log and _app.log) say when trying to load? ( ls -ltr /opt/Autodesk/log to list the logs ).

Message 5 of 6
cbrownAMS
in reply to: Philippe_Jean

Logs say Spark can not find spark DSO.

Message 6 of 6
Philippe_Jean

Then it is indeed permission/install issues.  You may need to reinstall the sparks or/and contact Genarts for support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report