Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of Autodesk Smoke 2017 version

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
albermh3
820 Views, 1 Reply

Compatibility of Autodesk Smoke 2017 version

Hello, 

I would like to know if downloading the 2017 version of Autodesk Smoke, all the projects that I have created in 2016 version will be saved and I will be able access them whenever I want in this new version?

Thank you for the support

Alberto

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jaseo
in reply to: albermh3

Hi Alberto,

You cannot open a project created in a previous version of Smoke without first converting it.

To open a project created in a previous version:

1. From the Startup screen, in the Projects section, set the Versions filter to All Versions.
  2. Select the project to convert from the Project box. The version of Smoke used to create it appears in brackets.
  3. Click Start.
  4. From the Convert Project dialog, select one of the following: 
    • Keep Copy: Smoke converts the project (keeping the original name) and also duplicates it. This copy gets appended the version of Smoke with which it is compatible.
    • Convert: Smoke converts and opens the project. The conversion is one way: once you convert the project, you cannot open it again in an older version of Smoke.

It can happen that you cannot convert a project; oftentimes it is because the project comes from a fairly old version of Smoke. In this case, use either of the following methods to open and access the contents of the project.

• Create an archive in the old version of Smoke and restore the archive in the newer version.
  • Open MediaHub > Browse for Projects and browse to project to restore. You can then import those files in the new Smoke.

cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums