Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-aliasing broken?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
adamt
464 Views, 1 Reply

Anti-aliasing broken?

my current project seems to be highlighting a lot of problems within Smoke 2017...I have even tried creating a new user profile in case the issues were user related.

Currently I am unable to select a software Anti-aliasing level other than 1. If i select 2 or above, the viewer goes almost blank. All that remains visible is the background image feeding the CFX Action node. This happens whether or not i have HWAA selected.

If i select HWAA and switch SWAA to 1 then the output from the Action looks great....

BUT
i am outputting Comp, Z Depth and Alpha channels from Action, and when i combine these into a Depth of Field node, i can get really nice DOF but the anti-aliasing on my images gets broken.

Looking at the Matte channel going into DOF node - edges look perfect, the matte output from the same node looks very steppy and jagged on foreground objects.

Any advice?
please?

Flame 2020.3
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adamt
in reply to: adamt

tech support have been checking the project setups, and have confirmed they were able to reproduce the HWAA/SWAA issue - where a setting above 1 caused the objects in Action to vanish. Its logged as a bug.

The DOF isue appears to be somethig different, but as yet i have not informed what it might be caused by, or how to resolve it.

Flame 2020.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report