Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong interface: edit filet DM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cekuhnen
260 Views, 4 Replies

wrong interface: edit filet DM

I am sure the dialog which opens when I edit the fillet feature in DM should ask for edges and not faces.

fillet was previously also applied by selected edges.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 3.36.03 PM.png

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
prathmesh.bodas
in reply to: cekuhnen

In DM edge is not available for edit as its history free.

So we are actually editing filet faces.

Message 3 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: prathmesh.bodas

then why list a fillet feature in the browser?

Claas Kuhnen

Message 4 of 5
yihua.mo
in reply to: cekuhnen

Hi cekuhnen,

As Prathmesh mentioned, in DM the edge is not available When you click the "Edit Fillet" from conext menu, actually you activate a Press Pull command. By this command you can offset the face that created by the fillet feature. In fact, you are editing the radius of a fillet face, not its edge. 

The fillet feature on the browser provide an entry to allow user perform actions(such as find,delete.etc..) to faces that create by fillet feature. Just like other features.

Please note in DM edit action is not a "real" edit like PM, you can see only a few features can be "Edit". DM edit action is like workaround.

Hope this can answer your question.

Message 5 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: yihua.mo

It still is somewhat a bit of a mind twist knowing that in TL you have the history and in DM you don't but you see the features/tools listed. Maybe for engineers used to this workflow it is logical, for designers with a different background this concept was kinda hard to grasp - I also noticed that the students from left to right always mistook those as features because they are used to see them in the timeline when in parametric mode.

However it seems that today when deleting the tool in the list the surface is really removed giving back the original surfaces. That was often no the case when I made the initial post. There when we deleted fillets the mesh was cut open.

Claas Kuhnen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report