Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With new version, can't create a box with numerical inputs anymore.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AutoDebilitator
397 Views, 5 Replies

With new version, can't create a box with numerical inputs anymore.

With the latest version, I'm unable to create a 2nd box in a model by specifying numerical inputs.  Steps to reproduce:

1.  Create a box.

2.  Create a 2nd box, starting on one corner of the first box.  Don't use the mouse to draw the initial rectangle, just use the  mouse to select the firrst point, then use the numeric inputs.

3.  Type a length in, then a width.  Click return twice, which used to bring up the dialogue to enter the height.

Expected results:  Dialog comes up, and you can enter the height.

Actual results:  Get the error "Sketch geometry is over constrained."

The work-around is to draw the initial rectangle with this mouse, which is imprecise, but then a dialogue will come up allowing you to enter all 3 dimensions, which works.

Also, when entering the dims using step 3 above, it will always lose the first key input on the 2nd dim.  I.e., if I try to enter "3" return, then "14", I'll wind up with "3" and "4" instead.

AutoD
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for posting about this problem

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce the error "Sketch geometry is over constrained." here, is it possible to attach a video about this? 

About the input problem you mentioned on the end, I will transfer it to Product designer to take a look it.

Now, you can try to enter the value without pause, it should be work well. If you want to enter other value, you don't need to remove the old value and enter the new value directly. I hope you like the design.

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6

Hi,
I've attached a video reproducing this issue. The numerical inputs I'm
doing via keyboard for all dims. After entering the 1st two dims for the
second box, I hit "Enter" twice to have it move to inputting the 3rd dim,
and this is where the error happens.

Thanks,
Rob
AutoD
Message 4 of 6
Helmi74
in reply to: AutoDebilitator

think you forgot the video? can't see any.
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 5 of 6

Here's a video reproducing this issue:

[video]

Or you can go to this URL:  https://vimeo.com/92069009

Thanks,

Rob

AutoD
Message 6 of 6

Thanks a lot, Rob!

It's a perfect video. I get the problem clearly now. I will report the case into the internal issue tracking system and ask the development team to look into it.

There is a workaround. You can try to use click to replace Press Enter when set the second sketch point. There is no error popping up.

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report