Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about my old Beta "Forge" and Beta "Fusion" files??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tdtwohy
462 Views, 7 Replies

What about my old Beta "Forge" and Beta "Fusion" files??

I made a number of cute files during my time in Beta Land... Forge, Fusion, 123D... are these supported native, or should I be looking at the import section?

Now all winners, but it would be nice to realise some of the promise of those formats.

I often used Fusion and Forge as "sketch pads" for 3D.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
keqingsong
in reply to: tdtwohy

You're going to have to import that them regardless what file format your design files are  (F3D or non-F3D). 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 8
tdtwohy
in reply to: keqingsong

Yeah, I USED "Import" in the saved files on my desktop ... the older .f3d files DO NOT WORK after import... I see them, but cannot access these older Forge and Fusion (no Fusion360) file formats.

I've imported the .SAT versions of the same files, but the sketchs were lost...  just want to use the old files.

Are you following me now? Understand OK?

Message 4 of 8
keqingsong

@tdtwohy wrote:

Yeah, I USED "Import" in the saved files on my desktop ... the older .f3d files DO NOT WORK after import... I see them, but cannot access these older Forge and Fusion (no Fusion360) file formats.

I've imported the .SAT versions of the same files, but the sketchs were lost...  just want to use the old files.

Are you following me now? Understand OK?

I follow you. I just tried importing my old headphones.f3d file made in beta and shared in the old forum and it works. What kind of an internet connection are you running? Could it be that you're trying to edit the model before it is done importing? Are you receiving import successful emails?

F3D files should import and open without any problems. 

Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 8.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 8.29.20 PM.jpg

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 5 of 8
tdtwohy

Try something that was NOT "shared" because that previous sharing may have added data to your file.

No, I did not try to open the file until Fusion360 told me they were ready... they don't even show till then in the activity log.

The emails languish in my spam filter, it dosent matter, they are not as important as the actual files... which seem to be there but have no marking data (the are not foldered or show up any place but the activity logs.

Message 6 of 8
keqingsong

@tdtwohy wrote:

Try something that was NOT "shared" because that previous sharing may have added data to your file.

No, I did not try to open the file until Fusion360 told me they were ready... they don't even show till then in the activity log.

The emails languish in my spam filter, it dosent matter, they are not as important as the actual files... which seem to be there but have no marking data (the are not foldered or show up any place but the activity logs.

That file was exported straight out of beta awhile back, uploaded to the old forum, and has not been altered since then. 

You should wait until the files are ready before if you try to edit them while uploading, they will not work. 

You should also filter those emails to your inbox instead of your spam folder. They are not as important as the actual files but they DO tell you that they're ready to use without problems. 

We're open for suggestions on how to improve this process. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 7 of 8
tdtwohy

A simple progress bar would do wonders.

One for each file would be better (optional).

Having the program go in to some kind of recognizable "state" if needed when heaving the file around... I was told to leave it alone for the Beta transfer so a "busy" mode should be implemented if it must go into a fugue state.

The ultimate arrangement would be a stable "arena" for our designs... irregardless of what Autodesk programs swirl around them... they are safe and accessible.

(oh, sounds like my local drive... fancy that)

Message 8 of 8
keqingsong

@tdtwohy wrote:

A simple progress bar would do wonders.

One for each file would be better (optional).

Having the program go in to some kind of recognizable "state" if needed when heaving the file around... I was told to leave it alone for the Beta transfer so a "busy" mode should be implemented if it must go into a fugue state.

The ultimate arrangement would be a stable "arena" for our designs... irregardless of what Autodesk programs swirl around them... they are safe and accessible.

(oh, sounds like my local drive... fancy that)

Thanks for your feedback. I've captured it and will be sure to relay this to the team.

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report