Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web function how to

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Helmi74
782 Views, 6 Replies

Web function how to

Hi,

is there any explanation of the web function yet anywhere? Couldn't find it on the youtube channel or the Learn section here on the website. Looks like i don't quite get how this is intended to be used.

Unfortunately i can't make it to the hangout tonight (well german "tonight" :)) - hope the hangout will be on youtube soon.

Any help on the web function is appreciated.

Thanks!

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
keqingsong
in reply to: Helmi74

Thanks for the reminder there Helmi. We're planning to create a series of blog post that dives into the new features with more detail, and the web command will certainly be one of those posts. Look at for it in the near future 🙂 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: keqingsong

As a teaser, here is a quickie intro to web.  Think of it as a Rib, but with the Extrude direction in the plane of the sketch.  Very useful for creating grilles or cross-hatched supports.  Just sketch the "top" of the grille inside of a volume (the lines don't need to go to the edges), use Web, select the sketch lines, specify a thickness, and OK.

web1.png

web2.png

web3.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 7
patrick.miller
in reply to: Helmi74

There is a video showing how to create webs on the utility knife as well as a reference topic explaining the options available. 

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/resources/akn/view/NINVFUS/ENU/?query=web

I'd be interested to know how you went about looking for it in the learning area so I can improve "findability" of content. Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 7
Helmi74
in reply to: patrick.miller

Great stuff, Patrick, thanks.

And also thanks to Jeff - totally missed your post.
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 6 of 7

@jeff_strater wrote:

As a teaser, ....

Sure would be nice to be able to specify Face Draft within the feature.

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7

I completely agree. Much easier to specify draft at creation time than to try to go back and add it later. And more stable, too, since it would be part of the feature, and not a separate feature that would have to track faces.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report