Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: Motion Study

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SymmWatch
356 Views, 1 Reply

Video: Motion Study

It's a cool feature, however my model spends most of the time with the computer hung when I try to use motion study. My model has a number of gears and I want to simulate the gear train in operation. A couple of questions:

1. Are there templates or simple ways to generate gears under Fusion 360? I have drawn mine in another CAD package (before Fusion 360 was available), so they've been imported as STL.

2. How can I speed up the calculations for the motion study? The gears each have rotational joints defined and each interaction of gear and pinion has a contact set defined. 

I'm using an iMac i7 quad core machine so I don't think it's lack of grunt that's making it slow.

Will

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AndrewSears
in reply to: SymmWatch

Hi Will,

FYI - I moved this to a new thread.  Please reply to this one.

We do not have a template for gear generation.  Your method of generating the gear model with Inventor or the gear profile in AutoCAD then importing into your Fusion model is the best way currently.  TIP: Make sure you are generating the true gear profile for export. 

I would like to take a look at your design and see if I can offer some suggestions.  Can you add me and another guy to your hub?  Invite me using (andrew.sears@autodesk.com) and invite Mike using (jiangang.zhang@autodesk.com) I will take a look and offer some suggestions.  I have seen some cool geared models done with fusion and I can share with I have learned.  This will also give us a chance to see where we can improve the software.

Thanks,

Andy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report