Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a plane on a path to cut a sketch along the plane

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sanguish
2154 Views, 1 Reply

Using a plane on a path to cut a sketch along the plane

This is driving me nuts, mostly because I've done it before.

I have a base for a bell jar. I'm attempting to make a 'tunnel' that a cable will run through.

In order to create the tunnel I've cut the bottom in half, drawn a sketch of the path I want the tunnel to take, and then place a construction plane along that path. Finally, I've drawn the circle (tunnel) shape on the construction plane in sketch mode.

How do I now take that sketched circle, and have it cut along the path? I'm sure I've done this before, making the handle for a mug, but I wasn't cutting something out.

Is this possible? Is there a better solution?

Enclosed is a quick snapshot of the part, along with the path. I know I'm just doing this wrong which is annoying.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sanguish
in reply to: sanguish

And I can already give the response, after having played with it for an hour and not having any luck. the solution was simple. 

Use the sweep command, select the sketch of the 'tunnel' shape, and then the path, and it cut it fine.

Sorry about that folks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report