In our continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Fusion 360 S3.5. This readme highlights recent feature additions and changes, known issues, and provides information that is useful while using Fusion 360. If you encounter issues not covered in this document, please visit the Beta web site and report your findings through the appropriate channels.
- Bevel command -- Replaces a single edge with two adjacent edges. Useful for the adding addition control around an edge to modify curvature or to create a recess.
- Slide Command – Moves an edge along the surface of the TSpline. Useful for editing edge position to modify curvature.
- STL Output – Major improvements - Preview provided, tolerance options, saves to local file system.
- Hotkeys displayed in tooltip (Windows only)
- Selection updates: ring edge selection (grow and shrink), range selection (click one element then double click a second and it will fill in the range in-between), equivalent selection (if faces are selected and the filter is changed to edge or vertices, the selection is converted), invert selection
- Edit form manipulator: filter to use linear, rotate, and scale seperately
- Texture projection – Allows the mapping of materials through Box, Planar, Cylindrical and Spherical mapping.
- TSpline circular symmetry – Provide options for potential circular symmetry. No longer requires selecting all the faces, edges and vertices to define. In canvas UI still under development but selection from dropdown is working well.
- Insert Edge default to .5 location – most common location for edge insertion.
- Symmetry in the TSpline primitive command – When creating box or cylinder you can specify symmetry on height.
- Welding multiple vertices will collapse on centroid – Useful when closing the end of a cylinder.
- Fix for Bridge alignment with follow curve – Curve was not being aligned to bridge.
- Loop selection will follow around Star point corners.
- Material can be mapped to individual TSpline faces.
- TSpline data missing when saved on close or with Auto-Save.
- Using Edit Hole Diameter affects the entire component.
- Dragging joint-origin objects causes program failure.
- Dragging node and quickly right-click causes program failure.
- Projecting specific geometry causes all sketch regions to be not recognized as closed.
- Can't change the Project of a file when using the Save Copy As command.
- Hole command doesn't work on a patch surface.
- Undoing back to sketch mode shows only a fraction of the home grid.
- Hole linear offsets are not locked.
- Edit face & Edit form in UVN Space error unless Side view used.
- The result of using the bridges command can get distorted.
- During download and/or installation if you receive Error 407 there may be a conflict with your office proxy server settings. Our installer is designed to work with non-authenticating proxy servers. If you’re not sure what type of proxy server you’re trying to install from, please check with your internal IT team to determine if there are settings you can use to alleviate this condition or try the download and installation from another location not using a proxy server e.g. your home.
- There may be delays when generating editable designs during the import of models into Fusion 360. You may see a “Design is not yet available” message when you try to edit the file during peak traffic periods. NOTE: In extreme cases, the editable design may never become available. If the process seems to take longer than expected, cancel the import and start again.
- You may experience delays or failures when generating thumbnails and assets. During this time you may see blank icons in place of model thumbnails and 'data unavailable' messages in the viewer after importing models or after saving new versions of models in the editing tools.
- Accessing the Cube (Geometry) tab from the dashboard to preview the design document can result in program failure. This issue can be resolved by updating your video driver to the latest version. Check your video card manufacturer’s web site for the latest drivers.
- If the Visual Material tab is displayed during the launching of Material Browser you may not see the Apply button. If the button is not visible it can be brought back by switching to the Physical tab and then switching back to the Visual tab. This is similar to the scenario where the Create New Material button does not appear at the launch of the Material Browser on the Visual tab, but can be brought back by switching to Physical tab and back to Visual tab.
- Currently the "Add material to favorites and displays in edit" option is applying the material to the selection and displaying the Autodesk Library material. However the material is not added to the Favorites library.
- There is currently a known limitation on the Mac platform that causes modeless dialogs to go behind toolbars and browsers.
- The Bevel Edge command will not obey previously applied T-spline symmetry conditions, and applying a Bevel to a T-Spline body with existing symmetry conditions will break those conditions. If you wish apply a Bevel to a symmetrical body, you should reapply the required symmetry conditions after completing the Bevel Edge operation.
Here is a link to a video explaining how Save to STL works in the latest cut of Fusion 360. I should mention that you can only save solid or surface models to STL. You will recieve a warning message if there are T-Spline models being saved. Just convert T-Spline models to save as STL.
Followed link-> Downloaded-> Tried installing getting the following, cancel restart application and seeing this as version and not able to see newfeatures such as export stl,