Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unkown Exception when uploading file.

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Trigg3r
1518 Views, 15 Replies

Unkown Exception when uploading file.

Currently recieving this error - Unknown exception when uploading file.

Also recieving this error - Unable to upload due to file being checked out. Upload will be retired.

Win 7 - Anyone ideas ?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
joseph.shi
in reply to: Trigg3r

Hi Trigg3r:

Thanks for reporting this issue.

There're couple of possibilities that might cause the exception you have:

• The network connection is unstable during the upload process
  • The Backend service is unstable during the upload process
  • The file trying to upload is corrupted

You can retry the upload , and please let us know if you keep seeing the error message.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 16
Trigg3r
in reply to: joseph.shi

Hi Joseph, 

I've checked the network connection and all is good there.

This happens every time I start the application on my laptop at home. I've tried re-installing the application with a clean (removing the required files in AppData/Local and Roaming) and still get the same result. 

Maybe the file is corrupted. I'll try deleting it.

I also never get a clean exit from the application, and have to force close it. (Although it always manages to "Create a new version" etc but then sits there non-resposive.)

This is the first time I've seen the upload problem though.

Thanks again for your help 🙂

TriG.

Message 4 of 16
matt.pooley

Hi Trigg3r,

We believe these messages are being caused by a piece of data being in an invalid state on one of our servers.

So we can track down the specific data causing issues, could you attach a recent log file from the computer which is seeing problems.

Log files can be found in the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<User Specific ID>\

They are named 'AppLog<Date>.log

Please attach log files from the last 48 hours, that should include enough information to track this issue down.

Thanks,

Matt Pooley

Message 5 of 16
Trigg3r
in reply to: matt.pooley

Mat, please find attached the log file as requested. 

I deleted what I thought was the offending file, but the error still occured after opening another toolpath.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 16
matt.pooley

Hi Trigg3r,

I don't think the log file attached to your message correctly. Did you add it as an Attachment ?

Regards,

Matt

Message 7 of 16
Trigg3r

Apologies Matt, don't know what happened there .... 😉

Nightshift really do kick the crap out of me  🙂

Message 8 of 16
Trigg3r

Looks like everything is working again so hopefully you tracked it down Matt. 

Cheers.

Message 9 of 16
matt.pooley

Hi Trigg3r,

We did track down the lock-up on the server side, though it hadn't been fixed when I left on Friday.

Glad to hear that this has been resolved now.

Regards,

Matt Pooley.

Message 10 of 16
bmxjeff

I am having the same issue, and losing some of my operations in the toolpath. I have a good Internet connection, but get these notifications every minute or so. Where can I find the error log on a windows PC?

Thanks!

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 11 of 16
Trigg3r

Hey Jeff, glad you made it over 🙂 Log files are found at C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<your-id-code>\*.log

This is Win 7 and your Appdata folder will be hidden by default so it's Organise, Folder and search options, View, Hidden files and folders, Show hidden files folders and drives.

HTH 🙂
Message 12 of 16
Trigg3r

Also, I deleted the file that I thought was the problem, but It didn't solve the failed upload. It was only when Matt and Co sorted their end that everything worked ok again.
Message 13 of 16
bmxjeff

Thanks for helping out! I attached the file you asked for. It don't have much info in it. There are lots of files in that folder that have not uploaded yet. I don't know what I'm looking at through. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 14 of 16
bmxjeff
in reply to: bmxjeff

These are probably the ones. Do I wipe the files in appdata that are on the drive? I would hate to lose any work.

Thanks!

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 15 of 16
Trigg3r

Did you get sorted Jeff ? 🙂
Message 16 of 16
kirill.rutgaizer

Hello, I am having similar issues.

Problems started with "unknown exception" network errors popping up for uploading files. While working, I renamed a file and made a copy of it; the copy had the wrong design (one from previous versions, before renaming). Clicking delete on the copy produced no effect.

After reading on the forums about the "unkown exception" errors on mac, I attempted to sign out and in again. Clicking sign out renders the program unresponsive. Forcing it close and reopening it automatically signs me in again.

My network connection is stable, and I am on Windows 7.
I've got 5 log files for today's date in the specified folder, I uploaded the biggest 3 if those can help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report