Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tweak results in no solution for an edge

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
big_red_frog
436 Views, 6 Replies

Tweak results in no solution for an edge

Hi There,

I am trying to shell a solid body, but when entering reasonable thickness, I get and error "Modeling Error: Tweak results in no solution for an edge"

How am I supposed to understand what this means, adn what needs fixing to allow me to successfully shell the solid.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
karyeka
in reply to: big_red_frog

Hi,

Any chane you can upload your model or a sample one so that I can try the exact steps at my end?

Thanks

Regards,

Anand Karyekar

Fusion360 Development

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics
Message 3 of 7

Just a couple of suggestions from past experience, for whatever they are worth in your situation:

Did the originating shape come from T-splines?  If so, have you checked the shape in box mode to make sure there are not intersecting surfaces? 

The shell tool in Fusion does not seem tremendously robust- from what I gather it's trying to be very precise.  If you are starting with a T-spline body it has worked better for me to use the Thicken option on the T-splines, then convert. 

Ron

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Anthony,

Can you send the part file for us to look at?  Ron's suggestions are a great work around to get the same part but your file might have some other issues that we need to look at.  Shell command should be successful and can work after converting intersecting T-Splines bodies into solid bodies.  

You can export the file from preferences.  If you do not want to post the file to the community; send the file to me at andrew.sears@autodesk.com and I will take a look at it.  If the file is too large to email, you can either add me to your group (use my Autodesk email) or I can send you a FTP location to upload the file.  

Ron,

If you have parts where shell fails, can you send those to me?

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 5 of 7
big_red_frog
in reply to: AndrewSears

I have sent you an invitation for the group.

In designs / halo helmet / helmetMeshTest v4_preshell

This is the same file I have issues with causing crashes during scaling.

As it is a solid created inside fusion 360 from a mesh via stitch, I had expected any problems to be shook out during the stitch itself.

Any discovery appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
AndrewSears
in reply to: big_red_frog

Thanks for adding me your group!  I support you love of Halo!!!!  Great game!

Can you email the .SMT file you imported or send me a URL and I will get it?  The translation report shows that the file import was successful but Fusion does not like imported the geometry.  The first clue is the "no go" symbol on the body icon showing in the browser.  Fusion is calling this a body but I can't select it in canvas.  

That was tricky how you were able to select the sick body in the browser first THEN select shell.  🙂  We will need to fix that one.

We can look into the import of the .SMT file and see if the >SMT geometry was just bad to begin with.

Andy 

Message 7 of 7
big_red_frog
in reply to: AndrewSears

See this thread, and this link where a kind autodesk employee helped me get a conversion from a max file into fusion in the first place ( something I have got no where near repeating with any other max model, but I understand how most max models are more graphical in nature )

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Where-is-the-export-body-to-stl-command-in-th...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7825485/helmet.f3d

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report