Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Sculpt Froms

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
konkers
855 Views, 4 Replies

Transparent Sculpt Froms

I'm working through the box cutter part of the sculpt tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmA_xUT-8UlJpYbha60oAQMxFlBY371oZ and both the videos and the PDFs show the sculpt form being semi-transparent when scuplting.  When I try this (both on my MacBook Pro, any my Windows 7 PC) the form is opaque.  I can change the Appearance material to glass but that makes it very transparant and is harder to get a feel for the form's shape.  I've tried several different combinations in the Graphics settings menu (both on my Mac and my PC) and see no change.  How do I get my interface to match the tutorial's.

Thanks,

Erik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
keqingsong
in reply to: konkers

Hey Konkers, 

The transparency you are talking about is related to the image attached to the canvas. Locate the image in the browser, right click and select Edit. In the command dialog, make sure you have Display Through checked. Does this help? 

Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 12.48.16 PM.png

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 5
michaelpgeyer

Hi Erik,

Have you tried Acrylic in the plastics?

Mike

Message 4 of 5
konkers
in reply to: keqingsong

Keqing,
    Missed that step from the tutorial.  That did it, thanks.

-Erik

Message 5 of 5
Oceanconcepts

Another thing to be aware of is that at the Component level you can use the Opacity slider to have quite precise control over transparency, without changing your materials. Right click the component in the browser and select Opacity Control. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report