Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp. Work Flow for "Scale" and "Copy/Paste New" in the Parametric mode

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kingson138
332 Views, 1 Reply

Temp. Work Flow for "Scale" and "Copy/Paste New" in the Parametric mode

The "scale" and "Component Copy/Paste New" functions are not really working  in the parametric mode at this time. Even in the Create Base Feature mode. For the time being, before a fix could be updated next time, I had been using the following work flow to do the scaling.

1) Design your file in the parametric mode.

2) Save a version

3) Export to archive (put a local f3de file at your drive).

Close the file (Closing and reopening the file also solved the crashing problems when switching to the DM mode from Parametrics)

4) Edit the name of the file to reflect the DM mode. eg:  FileDM.f3d

5) Open the file

6) Stop the Recording Mode

7) Delete the TSplint bodies that are hidden in the parametric mode. You can also delete the sketches since they are not related to bodies anymore.  Actually you do not have to delete them but it is nice to have a cleaner file. After all they are all in the Parametric f3d.

😎 Adjust your components and bodies.

9) Save a version  (in the new file name  eg: FileDM.f3d)

10) Export the  "FileDM.f3d"  to your local drive.

Now you can scale your model. If you want to go back to Parametric Mode you can import the parametric f3d back to the cloud.

This works for me. I hope this will provide a temporary fix to the scaling problem. But I think no matter what, it is always a good idea to archive the parametric file. Use the DM file for scaling. I will continue to do that.

I also found a way to make Independent Component Copies in the Parametric Mode. It is my reply at the other subject: "Independent copy in history mode " by Frank. click this:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Independent-copy-in-history-mode/td-p/4938050

Hope this little work around will solve most of our present problems.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Thank a lot for you to share it, Kingson.

We will add scale function on parametric design in future release.

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report