Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sweep with more than one profile ????

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cekuhnen
5665 Views, 3 Replies

sweep with more than one profile ????

how can you make a sweep along a path using multiple profiles?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2c0Q2WmtjWG0wdUU/view?usp=sharing

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
haughec
in reply to: cekuhnen

Hi Claas,

You can select multiple profiles to sweep as long as they are on the same plane.

To answer the second question in your video, it looks like you've created the plane using a "Plane On Path" type, which will always be normal to the path.  When you edit the path, the plane is updating to remain normal.  You can use another plane creation type (perhaps Offset Plane) to avoid the relationship to the path.

Hope this helps,

Charles

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
Message 3 of 4
cekuhnen

Sweep between something on the same plane makes no sense to me? So I cannot add additionally construction plans mid point and end add sketches and sweep blend along the spine between this profiles?

Also all I want is when the part is edited and this the c plane rotate that the sketch using the c plane will not get disorder

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 4 of 4
haughec

I misinterpreted you request.  What I was suggesting is that you can select multiple profiles to sweep together in a single operation (example: sweeping multiple circles will produce multiple cylinders), but you cannot select multiple profiles at varying points along a path to perform any type of a swept blend.  The Loft tool will allow you to select multiple sections, and a connecting rail.  

To prevent the plane from updating with the curve, it can't be parametrically dependent upon the curve.  A workaround I would suggest is:

1) Create your path

2) Create another sketch on the same plane as your path and project the endpoint of your path into the new sketch.

3) From that point, create a construction curve that is normal to your desired plane angle

4) Create a Plane On Path by selecting the construction curve, not the actual path

See the attached image.  This will allow you to control the orientation of the profile plane separately from the path.

Hope this helps,

Charles

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report