Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG import / sketch loops

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Helmi74
2375 Views, 5 Replies

SVG import / sketch loops

Hi,

as you may already have suggested this is my Fusion360 learning weekend - that's why i'm posting so much questions and suggestions in here - i simply try to learn everything i haven't touched so far and of course all the new features after the update. One of which and a really important one for me is svg import.

I just played around with it and came across a problem. I imported an svg that i got out of illustrator. It's a companies Logo with a simple shape (just a figure with soft, curvy outline) and is a closed shape in illustrator - i can change outline and fill color without problems. After importing it into Fusion360 it shows me the outline in green and doesn't fill it. I can select single parts of the outline but can't seem to connect them to a closed loop. Is there some kind of repair function that can handle that for me? 

I did some test and created a simple rounded rectangle shape in illustrator and when i imported that it was fine in Fusion360 - a closed loop (black line) with a filled face inside.

I'm still curious about the black lines (actual curves?) and the green lines (so far i only knew them from projectons) and how they differ and are handled differently.

so basically 2 questions:

- how about the black and green lines

- how can i probably fix a shape/curve that has lines connected optically (and they really seem to share the same endpoints) but are not technically connected?

Thanks for helping!

P.S. Due to the shape beeing a companies logo that i was given for printing but not for publication i can't publish it here but i can give you access on the hub - just leave or PM your email address and i will.

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for sharing your observation with us. My answer/comment to your questions are as below:

1. Black and green lines: When the lines are fixed, they'll be green. And all the curves imported from SVG will be fixed. You can select all of them, right click and select 'Fix/UnFix' to unfix them.

2. How to fix a shape/curve: This is actually a known issue on our side and we've made some changes to fix this problem. They'll come in the near future. And you'd like to, please share the problametic file (the logo) with us and we'll take a look.

You can email me at: LiangDOTLiu@autodeskDOTcom. (The file will absolutely be used internally for testing purpose).

BR,

Macro Liu

Fusion QA Team

Message 3 of 6

I'm having the same problem here. Screenshots attached.

Sending email momentarily. 

Message 4 of 6
KyleGUKJH
in reply to: snwright

any solution?

I am expereincing the exact same problem 

Message 5 of 6
grav-speed
in reply to: KyleGUKJH

same problem here, something about the svg's that i'm getting from illustrator seem ot have all the curves twice, i had 2 problems with my logo, one of them was fixed by removing one of the duplicate geometries (why did that make a difference?), and the other one i am still working on. a number 9, the other numbers worked perfectly.

Message 6 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: grav-speed

@grav-speed Fusion 360 does not ad objects to an SVG file, so you may want to lok into solvong the problem in the originating application.

@snwright It is possible but not very probable that you have the same problem. The thread you posted into is almost 3 years old. Very many things have changed in Fusion 360 since then. IF you want feedback it is better tho start your own thread and provide as much detail as you can.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report