Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subdivide on manifold surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
EdHa
2926 Views, 2 Replies

subdivide on manifold surface

On some surfaces I can apply subdivide (for T-spline manipulation) and on some I get the error: subdivide operationon can be applied only on manifold surfaces.

What is a manifold surface?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AndrewSears
in reply to: EdHa

Edward,

When we say the part needs to be a manifold part, it means that somewhere on your model you have 1 edge touching more than 2 surfaces.

Here is an example: This part comes to a point an edge at the blue highlight.  1 edge touches 4 surfaces.  This is a non-manifold part.

NON MANIOLD.PNG

If this does not help, add me to your hub using andrew.sears@autodesk.com and I will take a look at the file and let you know.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 3
dcgall
in reply to: AndrewSears

I'm having the same issue but my TSpline does not appear to have the same problem as your screen shot example.  Please see my screen shot.  

I sculpted an object and because of some bad geometry, I removed some faces.  I'm hoping that I can create faces to once again make my TSpline a "solid".  I was then going to rely on subdividing to further modify my TS, but I'm running into the same subdivision error.  The face I've selected appear to touch only those faces around it - not having the same situation that you say causes this error. ???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums