Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in lampshade step by step tutorial

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
casslulu
490 Views, 2 Replies

Stuck in lampshade step by step tutorial

So im following 1 of the 4 tutorials they have on how to learn different operations. Im right now doing the one were you add a lamp switch to the lamp as as a movable joint. 

I have made the neck and switch in to 2 components and then chosen the neck as ground and the switch as moving along the axis. However in the next step I cant seem to get the switch to move. I select the neck as target body and the switch as toold body, set operation to cut and enable keep tools and then click ok. but when im then suppose to get the switch to move it will not. I can select it but not move it. In the tutorial there is a small circle indocating you can move it but that usually doesnt just happens with the select tool so I dont know where in the process i went wrong. I tried to right click and move but that didnt work so somehow the components are probably set up incorrectly. I have redone it a couple of times though and im not getting it to work so if someone knows please let me know, im sure its an easy thing im missing. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joel.palioca
in reply to: casslulu

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvience, to get things working correctly for this tutorial what you can do is disable contact sets prior to the move.  See the image below on how to turn off contact sets.

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 2.03.30 PM.png

We have plans to get this fix in one of the upcoming updates to resolve any further issues.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
casslulu
in reply to: joel.palioca

Thank you I will try this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report