Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

struggling to share a design for collaboration

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
adamohern
537 Views, 7 Replies

struggling to share a design for collaboration

Josh and I both have F360 accounts. We're both set up and running.

Having no idea what I was doing, I just went to 'Groups > New Group' and created one for the two of us, and invited him to the group. He joined. Huzzah.

I then went to 'Folders > [Group Name] > New Data' and created a new design. Modeled some stuff. Woot!

Josh goes into the folder. He sees the design there, but can't edit it. All he can do is download it and re-upload as an attachment. Huh? Very confused. Shouldn't he be able to open up the 'data' in F360 and edit concurrently with me?

Adam

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: adamohern

Hi Adam!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like Josh is accessing the group via an email invite notification? In doing so, he would be redirected to a new internet page which emulates the Fusion 360 dashboard, containing the majority of the program functionality minus the ability to edit a design.

With that being said and in order to edit a shared design, Josh would need to login to Fusion 360 and access your hub which can be found by clicking on the arrow next to his name in the upper right hand corner.

FUSION 360 SWITCH HUB.png

Check out this forum thread for additional info on the process, and let me know if that makes sense!

Message 3 of 8
adamohern
in reply to: philip.s

Wow, that's not obvious. Okay, we'll give that a go.

Message 4 of 8
joshmings
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip, ok, what is the Fusion 360 login URL, because I can login into https://360.autodesk.com/ and http://fusion360.autodesk.com/ all day and not get to my own hub (nor do the two seemed linked in any way). Obviously, logging in via Adam's email link directs me to the F360 Group he created and I'm able to see content/interact (as 'Guest') but beyond that, I'm not able to 'Work Collaboratively'. What am I missing?

Message 5 of 8
schneik-adsk
in reply to: joshmings

Josh, Do you have Fusion 360 installed?

If so, and Adam has invited you to a group then all you should have to do is start Fusion 360 ( not a browser ). Log in as you. In the upper right is a menu that you can access by clicking on your name. You should see Adam's hub listed there. if you choose Adam's hub you can now work on data that he has invited you to.

I'm happy to jump on a google hang out or goto meeing to answer your questions too.

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 8
joshmings
in reply to: adamohern

Hey Kevin, yep, sure do. and meant to add that as well, but beleive I found the problem...I uninstalled Fusion 360 beta Tuesday, downloaded an installed Tuesday and looks like it was still an old install. I uninstalled today, downloaded and installed and BOOM, 'Hub being configured.' shows up. I can now open the model in our project and edit it.

Still quite at odds why my Fusion 360/Autodesk 360 (client), Fusion 360 (web), autodesk 360 (web) are all seemingly separate from each other. I would think logging into autodesk 360 (web) would be a similar, if not the same experience as the client. Same with Fusion 360 (web), no? All in the works? 

Message 7 of 8
schneik-adsk
in reply to: joshmings

Let us know how things are going... Still offering to get on and answer any questions you have.
Kevin Schneider
Message 8 of 8
alistardean
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I guess this is kind of related. So, I'm connected to your bikes group, Kevin. But I've got a dataset that's in a different group. How can I share that with a different group or hub..?

Al

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report