Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap PLANE to points? and also cut HOLE in plane?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mknickles
333 Views, 2 Replies

Snap PLANE to points? and also cut HOLE in plane?

I need to place a curved surface (using REPLACE FACE) but I don't know how to build the curved surface.

Do I create a Box and then place a model PLANE on top of it and drag down the corners?  If I do this the corners of the plane don't SNAP to the corners of the box and the center of the plane gets pulled below the top of the hole in the center of the box.  Do I need to cut a HOLE in the plane? Is this even possible?  

Or do I create the Plane totally separately from the Box?  Or not use a Plane @ all?

Pictures attached:

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herzinj
in reply to: mknickles

Hi mknickles,

I'm not certain that I understand what you are trying to do for sure.  I THINK you are trying to make a curved surface, and if so I'm not really certain where the hole fits in.  Have you tried using the sculp environment and extruding a simple curved sketch?  Alternately, perhaps you could use the patch environment to patch a surface together from a curved sketch.  

If this isn't what you are looking for (and the hole needs worked in somehow) could you please send me the file at james.herzing@autodesk.com and I will take a look at it to see if I understand more clearly.

Thanks!

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 3
herzinj
in reply to: mknickles

Hi Patrick,

I just sent you an email with a Screencast on how to create your part with the counterbore hole.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to follow up with me here or directly.

Thanks,

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report