Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Dimension Anomaly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
284 Views, 4 Replies

Sketch Dimension Anomaly

In the last sketch edit the 5mm dimension and change to 0.5mm. (polygon size doesn't change with dimension for me)

Drag the dimension. (dimension changes to actual geometry size (at least I think that is what it represents)

Delete the dimension and attempt to drag a corner of the polygon to resize. (size can't be changed for me)

Delete the vertical construction line and now try dragging a vertex of the polygon.  How was a line of indeterminate length constraining the size of the polygon.

Is there a way of dinstiguishing driven and driving dimensions in Fusion?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Here is another anomaly.

Edit the last sketch.

Try changing the 3.5mm dimension to 1.5mm (I get overconstrained error).

Change the 3.5mm dimension to 10mm (works for me).

Now try changing the 10mm dimension back to 3.5mm (I get overconstrained error).

Message 3 of 5

... and another one.   Try changing the dimension of the vertical line in the last sketch.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for posting these issues and attaching testing files. You files and steps are very helpful. I can reproduce the first issue while I can't reproduce the following two. I think the issue here might be parametric compute error. We will investigate the issue further and will let you know.

BTW: All our persistence dimensions(Compared to those preview dimensions you see when preview) in sketch are driven dimensions, which means you can double click to edit the value.

Many thanks,

Shirley
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Shirley

Developer for Fusion Electronics

Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5

@ShirleyShi wrote:

I can reproduce the first issue while I can't reproduce the following two. 

I can easily reproduce the second issue

(see Screenrecorder https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/1b0c6a71-722d-4bed-803f-fc49023fb63d )

but today the third issue does not appear on the file I uploaded.  Of course the fact that I can't reproduce the issue on the same file still does not give me confidence that I can introduce Fusion into the classroom at this stage of the development.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report