Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch - Controller for Parameters

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mbraga0001
242 Views, 1 Reply

Sketch - Controller for Parameters

Ok, Fusion 360 parametric-sketch is very good ... but let me see how far it goes: Can I apply a controller for parameters ?

Example: I have a parametric manekin and I can change ( manually ) a parameter, one single unit at a time, to understand the manekin behavior. Kind of manual kinematics. Instead to change manually the value of a parameter, the question is: Can I have a controller associated with a parameter and specify for example, start/end values, incremental value and PLAY it ?

Fusion will calculate the new values, positions, display it, increment the parameter and repeat.

I see the "Modify/Change Parameters" panel as the ideal place for those controllers.

Controllers.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
NicolasXu
in reply to: mbraga0001

Hi,

I think it’s a great idea. I can image it would be useful in the concept demonstration phase. However, as you are probably aware, there isn’t such controller yet. We have Motion Study for kinematic motion analysis, but it’s based on joints, instead of parameters.

It would be great if you can submit this request to our IdeaStation – this site is the best way to get ideas and suggestions to us, and to influence the future of Fusion 360. Our product managers are constantly monitoring the Ideastation and capture this feedback for future Fusion 360 updates.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/idb-p/125

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report