Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Constraints Overconstrained

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mark2t
271 Views, 4 Replies

Sketch Constraints Overconstrained

I'm sketching an ellipes and am having multiple interface problems in getting it to behave. I cannot orient the major or minor axis. I cannot constrain it to points on my model unless I project edges into the sketch ( I thought this was fixed in Ultimate?). I cannot move the center of the ellipse around by dragging cause it's inside the model (you can select it using the selection filter, but then it annot be dragged cause it gets unselected. This is painful.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maritza.ga
in reply to: mark2t

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are currently working on easing your pain. The improvements to ellipse will be available for the next release. We are implementing a number of changes including: the ability to dimension during creation, ability dimension both axes, ability to control orientation. I will include the ability to constrain to the model.

Greetings,

Maritza

Maritza Garcia

Experience Designer
Message 3 of 5
mark2t
in reply to: maritza.ga

Thanks for the quick response to this issue. Looking forward to sketching getting better and better.

Message 4 of 5
maritza.ga
in reply to: mark2t

We have made some changes to the new release. Please continue to provide feedback.

Cheers,
Maritza

Maritza Garcia

Experience Designer
Message 5 of 5
mark2t
in reply to: maritza.ga

I have tried the latest update but do not see any changes to the way ellipses behave. Am I missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report