Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems like odd extrude behavior

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Oceanconcepts
233 Views, 6 Replies

Seems like odd extrude behavior

I am selecting a profile that doesn’t seem to be connected to anything else, and it looks right in the preview, but when I give the OK, it fills in all the empty space. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

This seems a lot like: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketching-sculpting-modeling-and/extrude-donut-shape-fails/m-p/5445371...

It sure looks like a bug. We'll look into it.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 7

Yes, the link doesn’t work but I found the post. However this behavior is the same if I select New Body or New Component. Other profiles in the same sketch don’t do this- perhaps something to do with the fillets? The profile was created from offset curves. 

- Ron

Message 4 of 7
brucehuang
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron, Thanks a lot to report the issue to us. I'm the developer of this area. We're trying to reproduce the issue you met, but failed. It would be very helpful to fix the issue if you can send the sketch content (just keep the sketch and remove all other things) to me (bruce.huang@autodesk.com). Thanks in advance. Bruce Huang (Fusion Development)

Message 5 of 7
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: brucehuang

Bruce, I sent you the whole file in an email. I tried saving just the component with the sketch, but every time I tried it crashed Fusion. Clearly there is something about that component that Fusion does not like. The sketch is very simple, just a few offset lines and fillets. 

- Ron

Message 6 of 7
brucehuang

Hi Ron, Thanks very much for sending me the model. I really appreciate you.

Now I’m investigating the extrude issue, and also the export crash issue. Hopefully, we can get them fixed and go into the next Fusion release update.

Bruce Huang (Fusion development)

Message 7 of 7
brucehuang

Hi Ron, many thanks for your help to identify the bug. It has been fixed and will be included in the next release update. 

Bruce Huang (Fusion Development)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report