Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale an entire sketch?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
blackpuma
87870 Views, 16 Replies

Scale an entire sketch?

Newbie question. I can't find any kind of manual for Fusion 360, so my apologizes for posting such a basic question.

I would like to scale my entire sketch that I've completed. How does one do this?

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
blackpuma
in reply to: blackpuma

I'm answering my own question after having figured out how to coax an answer from the help web site, in case some other total newb has the same question.

1. Select Modify --> Scale
  2. Select the sketch from the browser, rather than trying to select the entire sketch. (This was the non-obvious detail that I was missing.)
  3. Now the scale window will allow one to scale as expected.

Message 3 of 17

Hi, welcome to Fusion FAMLIY!

Fusion have scale function for scale body/component/skecth. You can use it to scale your sketch.

scale.png

On Scale function, you can select the sketch node as the object. The sketch node is on the right browser tree. It will give you a default point as scale center. You can switch to Point select and select any point you want as the scale conter.

scale2.png

Enjoy Fusion!

Thank you!

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 17

Thank you, Cathy, for the welcome and your reply. I marked your answer as the solution because of the helpful screen shots.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Cathy.Wang_Autodesk

excellent help. congrats !!!
Message 6 of 17
fishtruk
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having a similar prob... but I can't select rrom the left hand browser either.  I'm not in a bind now with this but I know I'll need it in the future.

I uploaded a dwg file, then extruded the bodies I need and scaled them up by 2.54 (?). I went back to look at the sketch for some info, tried to scale it up as well but no luck selecting it.

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 17
HughesTooling
in reply to: fishtruk

Did you import the DWG or open it, it will be a linked design if you inserted it you'll have to break the link then you'll have a base feature in the timeline, you need to right click and select edit. If you have inserted the DWG let me know as I have a better way of working with them.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 17
fishtruk
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi Mark.....what are you? my guardian angel??

Thanks a lot-no kidding.

Well Mark, I uploaded a dwg to start the design, extruded stuff, then noticed it was too small...Scaled the bodies up by 2.54...all good.

I unblanked the sketch to look at some features and noticed I had not scaled that up. Then I tried and failed. That's just the facts, maam.

Message 9 of 17
HughesTooling

@fishtruk wrote:

Hi Mark.....what are you? my guardian angel??

Thanks a lot-no kidding.

Well Mark, I uploaded a dwg to start the design, extruded stuff, then noticed it was too small...Scaled the bodies up by 2.54...all good.

I unblanked the sketch to look at some features and noticed I had not scaled that up. Then I tried and failed. That's just the facts, maam.

I've used DWG\DXF quite a bit so if I see a thread with DXF or DWG problems I usually try and help.

Can you attach a screen grab if you've turned history on show the timeline and the browser.

Thanks.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 17
fishtruk

here...no timeline (don't know too much about that)Untitled.png

Message 11 of 17
HughesTooling

OK as you've not enabled history I'm not sure why it's not working. In this quick test I selected the circle and extruded a body then scaled the body. Then I selected scale again and selected the sketch in the browser and I can scale the sketch.

Capture.PNG

Can you make a quick screencast, it might be best to upload the file again to another project for the screencast.

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
fishtruk

I may be able to...don't know cause I'm swamped.

Message 13 of 17
wolfeg

This was great. I was just going through the same questions about scaling. Could not select the item to scale but this answer was perfect. Thanks for the great info.

Message 14 of 17

is it still viable to scale sketch uniform in current version ?
国家一级退堂鼓演奏者
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

i am trying to scale an inserted dfx and cant get it to work. 

Message 16 of 17
Jim.Morton
in reply to: blackpuma

Im trying to import stl. file from faro quantom arm that was 3d scanned data. im able to import the data after finding out 10000 faces is max that fusion can recognize. now i have a scaleing issue in fusion to where my part is measuring in fusion 400+ inches how can i scale the mesh file so its a workable one to one 

Message 17 of 17
laughingcreek
in reply to: Jim.Morton

make sure your using "insert" and not "open " from the file menu, and then check your import units-

laughingcreek_0-1588371985658.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report