Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/close experience with data still uploaded

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Helmi74
328 Views, 5 Replies

Save/close experience with data still uploaded

Hi,

We already discussed this "data is beeing uploaded" message when closing fusion in an earlier version some weeks ago. Unfortunately after the latest updated this is still handled the same way. Is there any other smart way to handle uploads then distracting the user experience like this?

For example the Autodesk360 tool that is automatically installed with Fusion360 (which is by the way not really comprehensible for unexperienced users) - couldn't that be used to handle the upload of saved files without having the Fusion360 UI running? If you want people to get used to cloud software you need to handle the server communication a bit smarter than that.

An additional problem with that message is that there's still noe status shown anyhwere that tells the user an upload is happening and maybe - combined with a progress bar - when it is finished. It stays like it was before: This is an awful experience.

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Phil.E
in reply to: Helmi74

Frank,

Just going over unanswered posts here, I noticed this one.

Since you posted this we have been trying to improve the upload experience, making it faster and more reliable. Do you have any fresh observations about it?

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Helmi74
in reply to: Phil.E

Phil,

you're right - the situation has improved a bit. As far as i could see there's a dial indicator over thumbnails of designs when you save them indicating the upload of the newly saved file.

This is good and handy. Unfortunately this indication isn't shown in the dialog box when you try and close fusion. It only tells you there are uploads going on. I'd find it better to have an indicator in this dialog box telling me when it's done or at least an option "close when uploads are done". The way it is done currently i can only guess when it's probably done, cancel the message, clos fusion360 again and see if another error message appears. If i was too close and the upload is still going i get the same message again.

So from a user experience standpoint i'd say that this should be solved.

Frank
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 4 of 6
kb9ydn
in reply to: Helmi74

I find this annoying as well.  If you have the data panel open you can see if files are still uploading, but I always run with that closed so I have no idea that there are pending uploads until the message pops up saying so.  Then I have to cancel the shutdown, open the data panel and watch to see when the uploads finish, and then shutdown again.

C|

Message 5 of 6
NeilR001
in reply to: kb9ydn

Having this issue as well...maybe having an issue with this as well is more acurate. I think a simple "close program after upload is compete" box would be nice even if I don't have a progress bar I know it will close after it is done.

Message 6 of 6
charegb
in reply to: NeilR001

The UX around closing Fusion after uploads are complete is an accepted idea on the idea station with a lot of votes.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/quit-after-upload-button/idi-p/550986...

We will work on this and provide a solution in an upcoming update.

Thanks,

Bankim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report