Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino exported dwg

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gabriele
418 Views, 6 Replies

Rhino exported dwg

I can't upload a dwg file created in Rhino and exported as Autocad 2004. The upload process fail.

regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
joel.palioca
in reply to: gabriele

Hello,

Would you be able to share the file so I can take a look?  Also what kind of geometry are you trying to bring through from Rhino?

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
gabriele
in reply to: joel.palioca

here it is.

Message 4 of 7
joel.palioca

Hello,

I was able to get the file to import into Fusion, but I had to update the DWG version to a more updated one.  I ended up using the 2013 version and the import is successful.  That being said I would be interested in understand what your intent is with this data once you get it in.  Looking at the data inside of AutoCAD and comparing to what comes into Fusion there is obviously a number of items that Fusion cannot deal with because we don't have the capability at this moment.  Also when I open up the data inside of AutoCAD I am getting a couple errors which may be the reason we are also seeing issues.  Here are some of the images that were captured as well as the updated version of the .dwg.

image001.png

image002.png

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
gabriele

Hi,

Because I found very interesting the possibility to store 2d and 3d models into the Autodesk cloud, share and render them, I tried with a file that I received from client of mine.

Because I don't have Autocad I opened this file in Rhino for Mac and saved in dwg format.

I tried also with a simple 2d shape. I created it in Rhino and save it in dwg format, no lucky.

My goal is to prepare 2d drawings with Rhino and 3d models with Fusion, store in the A360 cloud and visualize them with iPads. I'm testing the possibilities.

regards

Message 6 of 7
joel.palioca

Okay understood, thank you for sharing that information with me.  It is always good for us to learn what our customers are trying to do with our software 🙂

Not sure if you have played around with it at all, but inside of Fusion we also have the capability to create 2D drawings that are based on the 3D models you create inside of Fusion, it may be something to take a look at.  We are still in the process of improving the capabilities inside of it, maybe it has or will have soon what you are looking for.  The nice part is that they are associative, so that when you make a change in the 3D model it should update in the 2D drawing for you as well.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
gabriele

Hi,
yes, yesterday I watched all the new videos that you posted on YouTube. Very interesting stuff.
The 2d side of Fusion is in a early stage: no 2d sections, no hatches, no thickness for printing, then I need another 2d drawing tool.
Yesterday was released the Ultimate version of Fusion360 and I decided to buy the annual subscription to follow the development.

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report