Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated crashes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
big_red_frog
692 Views, 7 Replies

Repeated crashes

Hi There,

I am now suffering persistant crashes minutes into manipulating my designs.

I have been struggling with a possible corrupt model as per this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Fusion-360/Need-help-with-Model-Errors/m-p/4422709/highl...

I get crashes attempting to work with the "fixed" design as provided in that thread.

I went back to my original design to work on another component, deleted the offending component so I wouldnt risk it impacting, but I still get crashes a few operations in.

I have raised multiple crash reports tonight.

Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
big_red_frog
in reply to: big_red_frog

Tried working on smaller exported components from main design not thought to be compromised. Still crashes,

Message 3 of 8
big_red_frog

Tried working on small relatively simple design has was entirely independant of the complex design that started crashing.

Crashes after a similar 5 minutes of work.

I strongly suspect my base install of fusion is compromised.

Assuming that all my work is in the cloud and fully recoverable, how do I completely scrub fusion from my machine and reinstall?

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 4 of 8
schneik-adsk

you can remove Fusion fro add/remove programs.

Clearing your cache files
1. Launch Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk
3. Delete the following folder:
   a. Web Services
4. Next, navigate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Autodesk
5. Delete the following folders:
   a. Autodesk Fusion 360 and/or Autodesk SIM 360
   b. BrowserCache
   c. PLM360Cache
6. Now navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
7. Ensure the following folders have been deleted. If they haven’t, manually delete them.
   a. Autodesk Fusion 360 and/or Autodesk Sim 360
   b. MC3
   c. Neutron Platform
   d. Neutron Platform 1.0 (if present)
   e. NFORGE (if present)
   f. NSIM

you can reinstall from www.autodesk.com/tryfusion360

we will look at the Crash reports in the morning to see what we can learn.

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 8
schneik-adsk

We see something wrong with auto save. Can you open explorer and goto:
%appdata%/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360” and delete all directories (and their contents) named “CrashRecovery”. They will be under a directory with a strange name like “%appdata%/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/8U69KPNAQS99, but if you just search “%appdata%/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360”, you should be able to find them all.

Note that you may have multiple CrashRecovery directories. Some may be directly under “%appdata%/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360” while others may be one directory down from that. Delete them all after you have exited the product.

The restart Fusion 360. Let us know if that helps and we continue to look at why the auto save settings were causing problems.

Thanks. And again sorry for your trouble.
Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 8
big_red_frog
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hi There,

I only had the crash recovery folder in the base of the directory you specified, I did not have any hidden down any other subtrees.

I have deleted and will see if things survive for more than a few minutes.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
big_red_frog

I have been editing the most complex models for several minutes now with no crash.

There is no way it would survive this before, so I think you nailed it.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
kingson138
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hi Kevin, I would like to add a few more ideas about program crashing. I am using Apple computers with latest updated OSX, All I7 quad cores Mac Mini and IMac. So they are fast enough. I also used wired designer's vertical mouse and never touch the rotation cube, I used the mouse and Shift key to rotate. What I had found is most crashes occurred when I am trying to do Fillet or Push Pull operations on very small objects. Say small cylindrical shape objects with diameters smaller than 0.35mm.  Fillet can only obtained at maybe 0.05mm or sometimes 0.005mm.  When trying to perform "fillet" on these small objects there are some constraints on the radius that can be used. When dragging the mouse on the arrow, if a certain numbers were exceeded the computer will freeze or crash. Also push pull operations on these small objects usually will generate crashes. I design very small object like rings, etc.. And all my graphics are very very small. These symptoms happened all the time. I learnt to live with them but I would like to point those out. I saved frequently.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report