Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rendering in Fusion360 shows black screen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1493 Views, 7 Replies

rendering in Fusion360 shows black screen

I am new to rendering, but I don't think that a black screen is what is supposed to happen.  Everytime I try to render (in the new render F360 environment) all I get is a black screen.  The image pixelates then comes into almost perfect focus at the 1 iteration mark, then blackness and stays that way no matter how long I let it render.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am running Fusion 360 on my MacMini server with 16GB ram, 2GB intel quad core i7 and Intel HD Graphics 3000, 512 MB.   OS X 10.9.4

Thanks for any help you can send my way!

J5

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joel.palioca
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi J5,

Would you be able to share the design with me?  Looking at the image you attached, it makes me believe that you may be running out of virtual memory in your graphics card.

Are the degraded graphics only inside of Fusion or does it occur in your other applications as well while you are attempting a rendering?

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: joel.palioca

The degraded graphics only takes place during rendering in Fusion and never in any other program. As the render runs, the faster the fan speed gets. There is obviously something "not up to par" with my hardware. Does this sound about right?
Message 4 of 8
joel.palioca

Yes this is potentially the case.  We are aware that rendering requires more resources than Fusion normally does, but it is an area we are actively looking into to make improvements. If you are running into issues, any datasets or examples of the problems your hitting while attempting to render are always helpful.  This way we can work with it on our end to improve the load it puts on your machine.

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: joel.palioca

Hi, I've the same issue on MacBook Pro early 2011 with 8Gb Ram. After 3 or 4 interaction the screen became black and yellow.

What can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Jon.Dean

Do you experience the rendering problem with all your models?

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite v 10.10.1 with 8 GB's RAM.

If the issue is with just one model, then please share it with us, so we can do some testing.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jon.Dean

The rendering problem occours with all my models and also whit A360 saples models. (Utility knife for example)

There are maybe some settings to change, to improve memory allocation or something else???

thanks

Message 8 of 8
joel.palioca

Hello,

Sorry to hear your having issues.  This is normally a performance issue, if you take a look at the link below it should show some things you can adjust to increase your performance.  Also what are the specs on your video card?  Our Rendering environment can be GPU intensive sometimes, and not all cards are able to perform the task.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-...

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report