Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename a body, component, sketch

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
15769 Views, 10 Replies

Rename a body, component, sketch

How do you rename an item in the object tree? I would expect double click or a single click with a pause to turn the label into a text field, but it doesn't.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, it seems like I found a bug here... Only my Body 1 is not renamable. I was able to rename other bodies that I later added to the design. Is there something that prevents a body from being renamed that I'm missing?

Message 3 of 11
jessica.t

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Forums and thank you for your great question! We'll be sure to get a developer to investigate, ASAP!

Thanks again!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 11
jeff_strater
in reply to: jessica.t

Interesting catch!  This does seem like incorrect behavior.

When I tried this, I was able to reproduce at least part of the issue.  We will investigate a fix for a future release.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

I am using 2.0.1351 version. (using Mac) It seems the issue is still there - objects can't be renamed. (as of Dec. 2014)

Message 6 of 11
jeff_strater

Hi.  Sorry to hear that you are still having this problem.  I have not been able to reproduce this in the latest build, but I may be doing things slightly differently than you.  See my video attached.  I click on the name of the body (the text, not the icons), and then do a slightly delayed second click.  A text box should appear containing the current name of the body, which should be editable.  Can you post a video of what you are doing to rename bodies?

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, Jeff! It solves it!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi! I'm new to Fusion 360!

I'm trying to rename a sketch but if I double click it, it enables me to edit it. And in the right click I can't find any option to rename.

Is it possible to rename a sketch?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 11
izzyscages

Sorry for bringing up an old topic... This was also an issue for me until I figured out that I still had a tool active. Once I escaped out of the tool, I could rename the Sketch within the tree

Message 10 of 11
cgilbertW5W44
in reply to: izzyscages

The name can be altered if you right click on the component and select Properties.

Message 11 of 11
apurgueB74AJ

It seems like the body1 bug still persists within the Generative Design workspace. Bodies created within such space though the "edit model" can be renamed except for the first one "Body1", but no such problem exists within the design workbench.

Alejandro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report