Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing items from the dash board

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
sanguish
657 Views, 15 Replies

removing items from the dash board

I'm having a heck of a time organizing and removing items from my dash board. In particular I have some items that are simply not selectable, so I can't delete them or open them.

How can I remove these nuisances?

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: sanguish

Try this - 

Delete.png

or here

Data.PNG

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

Hi if you cannot delete or open certain files at the dashboard you might be able to delete/open your files by promoting  older versions (if you had saved a few versions before). In the early days of Fusion 360 it was possible to create files with errors that the user could neither open nor delete them. First select "Action" from Dashboard, Activity or Data

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 9.21.44 am.png

Then select to open file details from the action menu. Find Versions and click that. (you might see an error message when doing that, please ignore that. It is a bug I believe). If you had saved a few previous versions just select one of the old ones and click the up arrow. The older version will be promoted and you might be able to delete/open them normally. I hope it helps. I used this method to delete files with errors that could neither be deleted nor opened. In the early days (first version of Fusion360 after beta) it was very easy to create those files with errors due to constant crashing of the computer or simply being just a new learner user.

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 9.22.12 am.png

Message 4 of 16
sanguish
in reply to: Anonymous

Saddly, none of these worked. They don't allow the designs to be clicked on, and they don't show up when you click the 'designs' button.

There is nothing to promote, because they just don't seem to exist. I can't open them to edit them. They have no icon. They have nothing.

They can't be clicked on. Edited, selected, nothing. And there is nothign to promote. One is even a PDF for some reason.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Hi May I ask are you using a trial version, a paid version or a free license version? Usually if you access your file from DATA to your related folder, then navigate to the file in question, click the Down arrow for action you can still get to the Version part without opening the file. If all these failed please check your license situation. If you have a license then an Autodesk representative might be able to help you better.

Sorry that my suggestion could not help you.

Message 6 of 16
sanguish

I have a licensed verison

I've tried everything I know how. And your suggestions where helpful.

I've given up for the moment and am trying (and failing) to do a hirth element. 🙂

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Hi for now maybe you can do a clean installation again. Maybe some cache problem existed in the old directory.
Message 8 of 16
sanguish

I may have to, my navigation item in the top corner seems to have gone away. 😞
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

I use Mac so for me since I do not have Sim360 or others i simply go to the ~library and deleted the whole autodesk folder according to the instruction. I did not delete the individual files but the whole folder. Takes a little time to download the material library, maybe 30 minutes or so but the program should work better. If you are using PC i do not know the procedure. But I did have problem before and a complete clean installation solved the problem. I also using a paid version.
Message 10 of 16
sanguish

I'm using the Mac as well, and I just used the uninstaller. Hopefully that fixes at least the one part. I'm not running Yosimite if that's the next question. 🙂

The biggest issue right now is the hirth part. Not sure how to make trangular bodies that get smaller in the center (the sort of spin around a circle and lock into another piece.

Deashboard polution is an annoyance, but I can live with it for now. I'd love an checkbox to just delete  things easiler.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Hi after uninstalling you still have to delete the files according to the instruction of this forum. The uninstaller does not delete the files in error.  I do not think Yosimite is here yet.

for you triangler body, maybe you can try to use the create Form part, then form a triangle by sketching and using the extrude function from form editing. Then you thicken it by selecting no edge.

That will create two triangles one at the exact center of another.

Message 12 of 16
sanguish

Yeah, I'll try and delete those.

The form command has been nothing but a black hole for me. Iv'e been trying to download the tutorials here to watch on my iPad while I work, but they're all still flash. Stupid flash.

Sadly, reinstalling doesn't make it possible to delete those. Still unselectable.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Edited

Message 14 of 16
sanguish

That even I could do. 🙂

No a hirth joint is like this

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I think this one here you can use the Circular Pattern to create this part since Fusion 360 has no parts catalog for you to modify.
Message 16 of 16
sanguish

The installer should remove these files. I have a huge issue with that since during the day I am an Apple Software Engineer. 🙂

I can make it with the circular pattern, but getting the thing to make into a circle is the thing.

That sloped triangle is somethign I'm having no end of issues with.

I'm going to move on for now. The project is an extension arm for my Ottie dashboard mounter for my car. So I can get it further out. The rest is simple caliper and replication work. But this is a pain. I may end up just using a small piece of silicone taped to the 3d printed peice and then it'll provid the friction.

Sadly no responses to my hirth thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report