Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

push/pull defect after 'paste new'

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Helmi74
1034 Views, 15 Replies

push/pull defect after 'paste new'

Hi,

i can reproduce this problem within my document but unfortunately cannot reproduce it in a new document:

Whenever i copy & paste new a component (direct model mode) i cannot push/pull this new component. The arrow appears and i can drag the arrow but the face doesn't move. When hitting enter and retrying the same happens. After closing/saving the document and reopening it the push/pull seems to have happend to the source the component was copied from. From that point everything works fine.

I had this happening several times in my actual assembly but tried to reproduce it in a new one without success.

Anyone who wants my assembly shared for testing?

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
schneik-adsk
in reply to: Helmi74

Yes, please share with me, I have sent an email address as a direct message, or you can export a design archive and send it to met at kevin (dot) schneider (at) autodesk.com.

We will take a look get you some suggestions.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 16

Hi Helmi,

Please include me as well when you share your file(s).  My email is sanjay (dot) jayabal (at) autodesk.com.  As Kevin stated, we will have it looked at and get back to you.

Best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal (Autodesk)

Message 4 of 16
Helmi74
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hey Kevin,

will share in a moment. Hope you can see the problem. It happened mostly when i copied the cover plates. on the outside of the case.

Sorry for probably some weird (german) component names.

I just forwarded a copy of the design to you.
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 5 of 16
Helmi74

guys, i just tried to forward you the design but nothing happened when i clicked on forward, also nothing happens when i click on "invite" in the invitation popup.

When i just started fusion360 it took about 3-4 minutes until i could see the dashboard.

these performance lacks make it really hard to get productive currently 😞
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 6 of 16
schneik-adsk

Can you they this? In the dashboard click on the title of the design to share and in the popup pane click share - > Invite

share step 1.png

Then enter the email address is sent

share step 2.png

Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 16
Helmi74
in reply to: schneik-adsk

tried this but nothing happened 2 mins after clicking on invite. I think i got you invited into the project now and as there's only one relevant file there this should work out i guess?
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 8 of 16
tomwik

Any solution to this problem yet?

I'm experience the same thing.

I'm also having problem mirroring component, In the preview all looks fine but when i press apply the component gets mirrored and moved randomly.

If i reopen the file after i pushed/pulled on a paste new, or mirrored a component, everything works fine. I can push/pull the paste new file and the mirrored components are on the right place.

Message 9 of 16
AndrewSears
in reply to: tomwik

Hi Tom,

Can you send me the file?  Please send to andrew.sears@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 10 of 16
Helmi74
in reply to: AndrewSears

Looks like this problem still exists in todays update.

Any solution ahead? Anything i can help to solve this? It's really annoying as i'm often working with Aluminum extrusion and then copying existing extrusion bars is quite a standard task. After that resizing via push/pull isn't possible. I have to close the drawing and reopen it to get it fixed.
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 11 of 16
AndrewSears

Frank,

I sent you an email to see if you are available for a screen share.  Let me know if now is not a good time so we can schedule a better time to go over this issue.

I can update the post after.

Andy 

Message 12 of 16
Helmi74

i'm here - send your invitation and we can go straight ahead.

---
Frank / @helmi

Message 13 of 16
AndrewSears

Thanks for meeting with me Frank and helping me reproduce the issue.  The issue seems to come up with Copy/Paste New after you have performed mirror or patterns with the copied components.  

We will look into this more and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 14 of 16
tomwik

If you find any solution to this problem, please let me know.

Message 15 of 16
AndrewSears
in reply to: tomwik

All,

This is simpler to reproduce.  The problem starts when drag another component into another component to make an assembly.  After this, when you use copy/paste new the copied component and new component are not displaying the correct length after using press/pull.  This is also giving wrong values when measuring.

Until we can get this fixed I have a workaround.  Closing the model and opening it again will show the correct edits.  

Andy

Message 16 of 16
Helmi74

any chance to get this thing fixed? It's still around in the latest version.
---
Frank / @helmi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report