Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Sihlouette to Sketch Plane

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
fshartley
323 Views, 2 Replies

Project Sihlouette to Sketch Plane

I'm new to Fusion 360 but I like it so far.  I'm trying to see how I can import  some of my Solidworks parts and convert them to parametric dimensioned Fusion parts.  It seems like I should be able to bring them in as dumb solids and use the sihlouette command to make new dimensioned sketches in Fusion.  I see the commands but I just can't figure out how to use them.  Maybe I've been a Solidworks user for too long but this program doesn't seem \very intuitive to me.  There also aren't very many good tutorials for all the various commands.  So, how do I do this.  I know it's propbably going to either be easy or impossible, so lay it on me please 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.molnar.1
in reply to: fshartley
Message 3 of 3
fshartley
in reply to: adam.molnar.1

Ok, thanks.  Didn't know you had to do it that way.  I was expecting to just project it to one of the main planes at the origin.  Like I said, not very intuitive, but ok once you know the rules.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use the projected sketch but I'll give it another hundred trys and maybe be back for more questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report