Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems redefining a sketch

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
quaverf
456 Views, 3 Replies

Problems redefining a sketch

I want to move a 2D sketch from the plane it was created on to a parallel plane 1mm away.  When I select Redefine command and click on the new plane, the sketch orientation changes when its moved to the new plane.  I see no option for limiting/controlling this behaviour.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/30163461-4beb-42bb-9ca2-be91f17d6179

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: quaverf

I agree, that is not good behavior. You've definitely uncovered a hole in the workflow. Right now, no, there is no option for controlling this, or for editing the sketch coordinate system once it has been created.

We will look into fixing this. Until then, your only choice is to force the sketch into the correct orientation using constraints to projected geometry or something along those lines.

Sorry...

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

Filed as FUS-15811

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
prasannamech
in reply to: quaverf

Dear Sir,

for copying a asketch to a parallel plane u can and then go to the parallel plane on which u 

steps:-

1) copy the sketch from the existing plane.

2) go to the parallel plane then paste the sketch  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report