Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem trying to pattern sketch or object 63 times?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
johkat11
341 Views, 6 Replies

Problem trying to pattern sketch or object 63 times?

Hi,

I am trying to pattern an object or sketch on the flat face of a cylinder. I would like to ultimately pattern the rut of a gear 63 times around the cylinder, but for some reason when I try and pattern it 63 times, autodesk instead patterns it 62 times. If I type 63 into the box window there is no change, but the quantity on the tool bar still says 62. If I then type 63 into the tool bar, it changes the quantity in the window box to 62. Pushing the up arrow in the box window does not do anything. I tried doing this with only a vertical line at 63* but it still will not pattern it 63 times. Trying to pattern them around 126 times also fails. However, all other numbers seem to pattern the correct number of times, including 61, 62, 63, 64 etc and 124, 125, etc.

I've included some screenshots.

Thank you! I am pretty new to autodesk, so I hope I am using the program correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: johkat11

Can you attach the *.f3d file here?

(I am pretty sure I would pattern Feature rathern than Sketch for that design.)

Message 3 of 7
johkat11
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I exported the file as .f3d but when I try to upload it here I get an error saying "the contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type"? Am I doing something wrong?

Message 4 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

No - you are not doing anything wrong - this site is messed up.

Right click on the filename and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.  Attach the resulting *.zip file.

Message 5 of 7
rishivadher

Hi
Just tried to replicate that issue and it worked fine,
And do try to push one of the box input value to 63 and if other if the other is 62 put that value to 63, there may be some kind delay.
I’ve put a file where i think there are 63 extrude cut patterned
Best yours truly

Message 6 of 7
johkat11
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks! Here are the files. The first is the cylinder with a simple line and the second is the one with a the gear rut.

Message 7 of 7
johkat11
in reply to: rishivadher

rishivadher,

Thank you for making that and reply to my post. If you count the number of teeth or ruts in your gear, I'm pretty sure there are only 62. You can tell it has an even # because there is a rut 180 degrees from the rut at zero, while with an odd number there would be a tooth there instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report