Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer and the influence of GPU

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rekom23
414 Views, 1 Reply

New computer and the influence of GPU

Hi,

I'll soon change my old laptop. First gen Core i3-350 4go ram with integrated GPU.

I'd like to know the influence of the GPU on fusion 360. On this computer fusion 360 is quite sluggish, but on my htpc a kabini SOC AMD 5350 4cores with integrated gpu, it's quite ok to work with Fusion360. It's not perfect of course, but it's not as sluggish as the i3-350.

I've made some benchmark with cinema4d as i don't know how to benchmark fusion 360. Both CPU are almost the same the i3 as 2c/4t and the kabini 4c/4c but with a much slower core performance.

But, the integrated GPU is much better, so i suppose the gpu as some importance (i've tried to set directx9 in the fusion360 parameters for the i3-350 but it doesn't change anything, it's as sluggish).

So my question is, should i go for an i7 4c/8t with integrated GPU, or an i5 4c/4c and keep the money saved for a "good GPU" (i mean not a professionnal GPU, but something like an nvidia GTX 760 or AMD 280). And would you recommand more an Nvidia or a AMD GPU?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

bench1.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: rekom23

I just noticed that nobody ever responded to this.

Did you ever get another machine, how is it working for you?

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report