Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving parts in time line bug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cekuhnen
294 Views, 4 Replies

moving parts in time line bug

The timeline as the broswer suffers from some serious click drag lags from time to time.

And recently in this part I was not even able to move parts where I wanted them to go to.

Check the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2RDhtUUVxWnFKWms/edit?usp=sharing

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: cekuhnen

The video link you provided has expired. Nevertheless, I tried your file and found only normally expected delays that occur while Fusion re-calculates the timeline.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/30ff43e5-0fa0-48c8-b5d2-b62cce52847e

This video shows the testing. I dragged all the Base Feature nodes to the beginning of the timeline. At the end of each drag, there is a couple of seconds where the machine pauses to calculate the timeline.

Note: You can also see in the video that Screencast is taking more than 100% of the CPU. Without Screencast, the pause to calculate is only about a second. This is an old, weak MacBook Pro with only 4 GB RAM, and a 512 MB video card. So poor performance is built in. 🙂 Please let me know if you think this is still a problem, specifically the lag time for calculations.

As for not being able to drag timeline nodes: Sometimes Fusion prevents this because of timeline dependencies. Some features cannot exist prior to the body they affect. So each feature may have an "envelope" in which it can be dragged, but not prior to that frame of events. Any lag during dragging is related to graphics, so a very complex model with many faces may have performance problems while you are actually dragging the nodes in the timeline. After you drop them, there is only the compute cycle. If you have any examples where this is not true, please share them. Thanks for your help with Fusion!

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: Phil.E

that certain limitations are there makes sense - but I noticed that this is not always the case and a feature should be able to be moved and refuses to.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: cekuhnen

We would be very interested in analyzing one of these cases. If you find one, please send me the model and describe what isn't working. You have my email address.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: Phil.E

I posted this August last year and since then cleared out my designs and video recordings.

When I see it again I will send it to you via email.

Claas Kuhnen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report