Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse middle button issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tim.kingston
1013 Views, 2 Replies

Mouse middle button issue

In Fusion 360 on Mac the default key command for the middle mouse button is supposed to be pan. My middle mouse button just does the same as the left mouse button. Is there a way to fix this? Im using a Logitech performance mouse MX. The logitech software allows me to assign different functions to each button but none of them result in pan within fusion. Im also unable to use the Shift + Middle button to orbit. This is really bugging me as pan and orbit are essential tools. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have used what I think is the same mouse with no problems- is it possible you have the middle mouse button mapped to be a right click in the logitech control panel? It sounds as if your system is not seeing the middle button as the middle button.  Perhaps try other software that uses a middle button function to check? 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 3
dditzler
in reply to: tim.kingston

I have a Logitech M557 mouse and I was having the same problems.

I ended up...

1. uninstalling the bluetooth mouse from the Bluetooth Preferences control panel
  2. uninstalling the Logitech software
  3. Restarting my mac.
  4. Hit the connect button on the bottom of the mouse
  5. synced the bluetooth mouse with Bluetooth Preferences, it recognized it as a Logitech M557
  6. hit pair to connect to the mouse

Then I was able to use Fusion360 like normal

So it is counter-intuitive but don't use the Logitech software and it works fine as is. At least that's how I got it to work for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report